“Poor organisation! Rude doormen”

No. 5 Cavendish Square
Ranked #16,152 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Hendon
“Poor organisation! Rude doormen”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Not impressed with honesty of door staff. Waited 1.5 hours to enter the club to then be told nobody can get in!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank coconawty

“Average Venue!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Friday night saw drinks at No.5 Cavendish Square, and to be honest I wasn’t overly impressed! Luckily I had great company and that made the evening worth while.

I thought the building itself was stunning, and the decor was incredible, but the staff weren’t the nicest I’d had!

The drinks however were very reasonably priced with happy hour, we were getting 4 bottles of Peroni for £10 so the night wasn’t as pricey as I had first thought it would be!

I doubt I will be rushing back due to the rude staff , but we had a great night drinking and laughing with my work friends!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Haydn S
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Pricey yes - but what an amazing experience. The food is exquisite and the service impeccible - save up - its a must, especially if coinciding with a visit to the nightclub after

Visited February 2013
1 Thank LPats2012
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome club - great vibe, good music and cool guests. (Bad smoking area!)”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were here for my 21st birthday on Saturday and had an incredible night. So much more fun than the typical Mayfair clubs like Mahiki & Funky Buddha.

Two floors and a roof garden set this place apart from the rest and just seemed everyone was having loads of fun all night. Also no dodgy guys and rude staff is a bonus! The smoking area downstairs could be improved but definitely recommended overall.

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, awful staff, awful nightclub”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently visited No.5 as part of a birthday gathering for two friends. We booked a meal for nine in the restaurant and a private table for nine in the club to enjoy drinks after dinner.

The food was brilliant, well prepared, efficiently served and an exciting menu to choose from. There was also a great wine list (although rather expensive). So far so good.

When we finished our meal we headed downstairs to the club and this is where No.2 leaves a lot to be desired.

First of all, our table (booked for nine people) can seat a maximum of four. The 'premium drinks' we were promised turned out to be a completely different, much cheaper brand. The table was anything but private, in fact, set on the edge of a dance floor and to top it off, the whole area was flooded with toilet water from a leaky pipe.

Considering the price we paid this was simply unacceptable. This is not an exclusive club with fine service, it is a high-street discotheque with ridiculous prices.

After talking to the receptionist, which was like talking to a brick wall, I spoke to the manager who simply laughed and said "how much have you paid.." I explained we had paid money to enjoy a birthday party and we were sitting with toilet water around our feet all night. Her response was "these things happen.."

After another hour the club was eventually closed at around 12:30am (2.5hours before advertised closing time) because of the flooding. No refunds, no apology, no compliments.

To summarise, great restaurant with good food.
Terrible nightclub, unhelpful staff, ridiculous prices, no privacy, not exclusive, poor facilities, false advertising, toilets that flood the club, manager unwilling to listen and no effort made to fix any troubles experienced whatsoever.

If you're looking for something classy and exclusive, go elsewhere. I would recommend the restaurant here, but nothing else.

• Visited March 2013