“Great night out!”

No. 5 Cavendish Square
Ranked #16,157 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Marylebone
London, United Kingdom
“Great night out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

I was at No 5 last night & had an awesome time with 2 girly mates & a guy friend. Read some of the bad reviews & had to defend this place! If you want somewhere with decent cocktails, good DJ & enough space to dance, you could do a whole lot worse than No 5. Cocktails are incredible & I'm fussy about my cocktails - £12.50 is reasonable for Oxford Circus, esp given the quality. The DJ played a mix of chart tunes & club, worked for me! Yes, the girls are wearing very little but so what? Does that really affect the enjoyment of your night? I was dressed in blue skinny jeans, biker boots & a jacket & they let me in for a tenner after 11 (the doorman initially asked for £20 but when my student friends ummed & aaahed over the cost, he reduced it to £10). So I certainly didn't experience any snobbery - lift man was v helpful, the bartenders attentive (one even gave me a free drink when another accidentally took my half-empty one away after I left it on the bar)& I don't think they're snobby about who they let in. I saw a really obese girl with a tragic face but she was dancing the night away & clearly didn't feel out of place! I'd def come back to this club on a Fri night after work. Given that I was initially supposed to go clubbing in Heaven but they were too snobby to let us in, I'm pretty happy with where we ended up :)

London
“£48 for 4 drinks!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

Food in the restaurant lovely, when it came to coffee, 3 out of 4 served, when questioned where the other one was they had run out of cream!! Gave a normal instead of a floater coffee and still charged! When the bill came and we wanted to pay by credit cards we were told we could not put our tip on it as they wouldnt get it! How rude! left a reduced cash tip. Went downstairs to the "club" paid £48 for 4 vodka based drinks! couldnt sit down unless you had reserved a "minimum spend" table, full of young children (where do they get that sort of money?) went upstairs to bar, again all tables reserved so couldnt sit down, left very shortly afterwards!

• Visited March 2011
3 Thank SuLawrence
London, United Kingdom
“Nice ambience good Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

Only issue is that this place turns imto a busy club at 11 the customers are young obnoxious wealthy kids and the staff turn into monsters. Get out before 11 and you will be fine!

1 Thank richb0510
Manchester
“RIDICULOUS SERVICE, DEPLORABLE STAFF, VILE VISITORS AND NOT VALUE FOR MONEY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

Stayed for a special occassion. Heating was broke so they put in a plug in heater. Complained so they downgrade us to a double room but the heating was also broke. Staff were very rude. Bar and nightclub were full of cheap girls and lads in tracksuits and the breakfast was cold. Hairdryer was held together with selotape and the orange juice was from concentrate. All small things but together they do not warrant a £300 a night stay! Then to top it off, they accidentally charged me twice for the room and for the £50 'extras' and then I couldn't get a response to my complaint.

3 Thank Cassie_JW
Herts
“Kind of odd but comfortable and great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

When we pulled up outside this place I thought I had booked a members only place what with the bouncer outside and a barely noticable sign for the name of the place. Also the taxi driver wasn't sure where to take us which set alarm bells ringing! We went inside and confirmed our reservation with the nice receptionist who directed us upstairs. It was like being is someones home with the carpets and painting on the wall. When we got to the restaurant it was cosy without being claustophobic. It wasn't full (this was 9:30pm on a Friday) which I liked as we got good service and a bit of space rather than sitting on someone else as you sometimes do in restaurants. We were given a table by the window which was nice as we could watch the world go by over lovely beef carpacchio. Waiters were efficient and friendly. Mains of scallops for me and veal chops for the other half went down well. Wasn't as expensive as you might think - £116 for two courses, wine and a great ambience. I called it odd in my title because it kind of feels you are in someone's house as it is done out with carpets and chandeliers and curtains and has all the original building features. But I liked that for a change from the beige you usually get! Didn't feel rushed at all and could have sat there with coffees and wine all night really. Great place overall and I would go back.

1 Thank natbr0