“Good food, brusk service”
Review of Millbank Spice

Millbank Spice
Reserve with OpenTable
Millbank Spice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,933 of 23,023 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pimlico
Description: Modern design meets traditional Indian virtues and the result is a marvellous marriage of the two. This smart restaurant is very contemporary, kitted out in spicy orange and regal purple with lovely decor all around. The dishes have been slightly modernised, but only in the sense that we're all eating more heathily these days, so fat content has been lowered and fewer artificial colourings are in use. The food is delightful, spicy and fresh and winning. In fact, you will probably find yourself surrounded by purring regulars on your first visit. Dishes include the classics you love, like lamb tikka, samosa, onion bhajia, tandoori specialities, special duck dishes, classic chicken tikka masala, featherlight naan and all the trad curries. Baltis are available if you ask nicely. The service is warm and helpful and the entire experience very nice indeed.
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Good food, brusk service”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I came here a year ago and with a number of friends we enjoyed a "set meal" which included the most amazing rich meaty lamb dish (stew like).

Finding myself here again this evening with a smaller group of a dozen friends we went a la carte.

I specifically asked the waiter for the lamb dish. Was assured it was the passanda nawabi, which I questioned as it said "with a dash of cream", but was told that was the one.

How dissapointing then when what arrived was a very pale and incipid dish, void of any flavour, and full of cream. No cashews or almonds either.

Had we not been on a tight schedule I would have refused the dish. The lamb itself was very tender. Every other dish at the table looked amazing, and I tried the sauce from several others... All lovely!

I still rate this as good food, but be warned off the passada.

Staff are distinctly brusk.

Will go back, and try again to find the dish I craved for!

• Visited December 2013

“Great Meal”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My family and i had a lovely meal here today. The food was really really nice. We had starters and main courses which was plenty for us. The restaurant was very busy for a tuesday night, people were queueing to get in as the place was full. The Jinga Karai is lovely as is the Chicken Kebab Kabhiri. I would highly recommend a visit to the restaurant, we shall be visiting again soon.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent 'dry' indian food”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food is delicious and not too full of ghee. I have been going here for the last three years and never been disappointed.
Last week one of the waiters was slightly odd with a strange mannerism re insisting we paid service charge on top of the bill.....but this is the first time I have experienced this odd behaviour.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Christina075
Bangor, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was our second visit to this restaurant , great choice of menu , the fixed price meal for 2 is great value and very tasty.

I love all the spinach dishes.

One word of warning , be specific when ordering or you may find added extras on your bill, other than that , no reason not to eat at this restaurant

• Visited August 2013
“Decent Indian Food.”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

It is a decent and small Indian place. Serves good Indian food. It is very close to Pimlico Tube station. A good option to get quick Indian lunch.

• Visited August 2013