“Good, but not great”

Cuisines: Asian, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: A fusion of taste and style, the combination of French and Asian influences offers a unique tasting experience. Award winning menus with classic cocktail offerings. Sushi at maze takes centre stage in the bar with the freshest selection of sushi and sashimi created in front of you.
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We went there without a reservation, hoping to get a table at the grill, but instead offered a table in the tapa restaurant. The available table near the kitchen, at the back, was dark and lacked atmosphere. The staff were the usual Ramsey standard, very polished, knew their job but were a bit uptight. They were knowledgeable about the food and recommended an appropriate number of dishes for us to share. The wine menu on an iPad was somewhat unusual, and lacked sophistication. The food was very very good - a bit slow in appearing - to be fair, on another occasion the pace would have been about right. It was very well presented, wonderfully seasoned, and very tasty. Might go back , if only to experience what it is like to dine in the atmospheric part of the restauarant.

There are newer reviews for Maze

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Had a blast here. My husband and I had the taster menu (Xmas present off our daughters). The food was outstanding and each course was completely explained what we were about to eat. 7 courses in all and completely full to the brim at the end of the whole meal. From reception to waiting on staff, their service was excellent.
Other reviewers are right about the cost of the drinks (£6.50 being the cheapest for half a glass of wine and £10 for bottle of sparkling water) but it was a one off and we loved every minute of it.

1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Wonderful food, service and atmosphere! In a great location with outstanding service. Expensive but worth it!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

For a start, the ambiance was disappointing: small room, with as many tables as you can squeeze, rather distasteful decor and poor lightning. The food was pretentious and sourprisingly mediocre for a 3 star restaurant- I made a terrible mistake by wanting to be adventurous and ordering the pigeon. I have not tried anything more awful. Definitely, a very acquired taste. The service was average, nothing extraordinary however they add the "discretionary" (I would way "compulsory) 12,5 % in the bill. We left very disappointed and said "never again"

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good indeed, the staff was very friendly, but nothing prepared me for the very long waits between the dishes!!
Upon receiving the menu I asked the waited how much time does it take to finish the 7 courses menu and he told us that it would take about an hour. I imagined that this might be a little longer than that. Little did I knew that I was going to sit for 4 hours in the same place.
We were compensated at the end by more desserts, which took us even more time.