“Maze View Table - Excellent”
Review of Maze

Ranked #1,924 of 24,121 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: A fusion of taste and style, the combination of French and Asian influences offers a unique tasting experience. Award winning menus with classic cocktail offerings. Sushi at maze takes centre stage in the bar with the freshest selection of sushi and sashimi created in front of you.
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Went here with a couple of customers a year ago and had a fantastic evening! We had the chefs tasting menu and every dish was fantastic, we even got to go into the kitchen during the fish course and cook the dish ourseleves. Service was fantastic, everyone really enjoyed themselves. cant wait to go again!

1  Thank coralwl
Write a ReviewReviews (3,110)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Having been part of a group who had the private dining area I was appauled by the service we had.
On arrival we ordered 2 bottle of champagne that took 10 minutes to arrive and they didn't bring enough glasses. After this we were taken through to the room where we sat for 15 minutes with empty glasses, not even water was poured, before the chosen white wine arrived and 5 minutes later the red wine.
We started eating at 9.30pm and I left at 11.45 without having desert. If we had been offered shots or cocktaiols we would have had them. They missed an opportunity to make more money!!
The food was the standard it should be but nothing special.
The only speedy service I got was when i was leaving and asked for a cab!!!
I don't think I will be going back and will pass on my experience with anyone that asks.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went to dinner here with my wife, and we both ordered the chef's tasting menu with wine pairings. We had high expectations given all the hype around the Gordon Ramsay brand, but overall thought the experience was mixed.

Some of the dishes were very rich, such as the venison loin--I'd be perfectly content with just a large order of this--and the lobster. Others were unremarkable. My wife ordered the pork belly as a side dish and couldn't have more than one bite. We may just be spoiled given some excellent tasting menus we've enjoyed at comparable NYC restaurants.

Furthermore, although we had a reservation and there were a number of open seats around us, I felt a little bit rushed at first, as we were interrupted by various staff at what seemed like 3-4 minute intervals. Overall, it was not a very memorable meal, and we won't be coming back.

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Went for a work dinner: 6 of us, in the private room next to the kitchen. Good point - no premium for watching the kitchen; bad - its not designed as a chef's table so those facing the kitchen get all the fun, but those facing away see nothing. This creates a dissonance - some want to watch and some to talk. So the food was good but not jaw dropping exceptional. Not one flavour that I would wax lyrical about. Didn't feel comfortable at the bar - too many different waiters involving themselves (and first wine waiter really didn't want to serve us red, as the food is 'delicate'). Cost was £160 per person, and the wine was af the lower end of the list. Lastly the Ramsay 15% service charge rankles!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

A group of friends and I visited this restuarant on a Monday. We were all very impressed with the level of flawless service, the quality of the food and presentation, coupled with the tranquil ambience and great value, given the quality. Highly The kitchen tour at the end of our dining experience was a nice touch. Highly recommended.