“Really interesting place - worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marathon Restaurant and Bar

Marathon Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Marathon Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,097 of 20,719 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Really interesting place - worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Having recently moved to the area, I wanted to try some of the local restaurants and this place on the corner always intrigued me. The smells coming out of there are fab! Inside it looks a bit like a golf club bar or something - reddish carpets and quite an olde worlde wooden bar. There are lots of Ethiopian guys sitting around the bar, drinking, and everyone is smiley and very welcoming. We tried a bit of everything, as recommended by the lady who was behind the bar and took our orders. They were so friendly and helpful and as it was our first time trying Ethiopian food I feel like they really helped us out. The food itself was a bit hit and miss to my taste (I'm not a big fan of injeera bread) and not have cutlery was definitely an experience! But overall I really enjoyed our night here. Definitely something a bit different - and who wants to eat at Nando's all the time. Try it if you're in the area!

Visited November 2010