“New skills and tasty food are a perfect combination”

L'Atelier des Chefs
Ranked #2,735 of 23,357 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, Moroccan
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: L'atelier des Chefs is the UK's most popular cookery school and London's ultimate cook & dine experience! Located in Oxford Circus and St Paul's, last year we taught over 30,000 people how to master a wide range of cuisines and skills. Classes range from 30 minutes to 4 hours catering for kitchen novices to cooking enthusiasts. From Moroccan and French cuisine to Sushi Rolling and Macaroon Making, there is something for everyone at L'atelier des Chefs.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My daughter and I tried our hand at the Moroccan cookery class today. We arrived to find our chef well prepared and ready to start. We were all given a chance to prepare each ingredient and also given some very useful hints and tips along the way. We moved quickly from one task to another which was great as it replicated the way you could task it at home. The class was interesting and kept our attention the whole way through. We finished sharing the lunch we had prepared which was really tasty and I will definitely make the dishes again.
All the staff and our chef were friendly and very helpful. I will try one of the other classes next time I visit London

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I love culinary expeditions, whether it's a stroll through a local farmer's market or fine dining at a Michelin star rated restaurant. As part of my "London culinary expedition", I thought it would be great to participate in the "Champagne Afternoon Tea" class @St_Paul's. One must have afternoon tea whilst in London, right? :)

Here's what was absolutely great:

1. Our chef. Daniel was very knowledgeable, personable, and entertaining. After class, he spent some time with us and gave local recommendations tailored to our likes/dislikes.

2. Small group setting. There were 4 in our cooking class, which lent us a very relaxed, casual atmosphere, with lots of instructor attention and open dialogue.

3. Amazing food and conversation. Wow, I didn't realize all the stuff we would make in this class: soda bread, crab and cucumber sandwiches, along with freshly made mayonnaise, scones, macarons, and the caramel filling for the macaron...all so delicious. YUM. We also ended up hanging out for an hour after class just enjoying "tea and conversation".

4. Leftovers :) HA! We each had a to-go box with lots of goodies to share.

Here's what was not so great:

I went into class thinking, "I'm going to make all this stuff back at home." While it might be possible, it will definitely be a feat. The class covers a lot of material, way more than a person can absorb in 2 hours. You'll get instructions and recipes after class, but still it's difficult to remember all the little tips and nuances about the preparation and presentation of each dish.

All-in-all, I would recommend going to the class for the experience and conversation. It'll provide loads of stories you'll remember for long time and will continue to talk about. After all, you will have made your own Afternoon Tea in London!

1  Thank cjabenojar
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I attended the evening pasta course on the 27th May. I really enjoyed my time there. I have never made pasta, a tomatoe sause or pesto before, instead I would buy from the supermarket, not any more. The staff were friendly and Daniel the chef was knowledgeable and gave loads of useful tips. After coking we all sat down to eat what we had made which just added to the whole experience. I am going to go again; this time I might try my hand at bread making.

1  Thank Baldbasher
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Had an excellent cookery course at the Marylebone branch. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful, and I came away with a heap of new cookery skills to proactice in my kitchen!
Thanks
Paola

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had a wonderful time last Sat at the St. Paul's site. There were 11 of us split into 2 groups to cook Roast pork tenderloin with apple, purple stem broccoli, fluffy roast potatoes and sticky toffee pudding with caramel sauce. Our chef was amazing, showing us all the stages in simple to follow ways and he was more than happy to answer any questions. I learnt a lot that I can use in day-to-day cooking and the food was delicious. I can't wait to recreate the dishes at home and certainly feel more confident in being able to do so. It was great not feeling rushed and it's just a shame I don't have someone to clear up after me as we did on Sat- he helped make the whole thing run really smoothly- highly recommend.

2  Thank Coralj7