“Great Experience & Present”

L'Atelier des Chefs
Ranked #2,550 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, Moroccan
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: L'atelier des Chefs is the UK's most popular cookery school and London's ultimate cook & dine experience! Located in Oxford Circus and St Paul's, last year we taught over 30,000 people how to master a wide range of cuisines and skills. Classes range from 30 minutes to 4 hours catering for kitchen novices to cooking enthusiasts. From Moroccan and French cuisine to Sushi Rolling and Macaroon Making, there is something for everyone at L'atelier des Chefs.
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We went for a course on a Saturday afternoon to learn about making a vegetable tagine, flatbreads and dips, after being given the present by our son.

Although we live outside London, getting to and finding the St Paul's location was easy and location instructions very good.

On arrival we were given a very warm welcome and shown around by Rebecca. There was an opportunity to look around the shop, have a drink and get ready for a really good experience.

It was well organised and our chef tutor (Daniel) was excellent, as was the gent (think it was Joseph) that cleared up after our mess.

We worked together with another couple, from France, and followed Daniels preparation techniques before we started the cooking.

One issue was the amount of hob space we had for so many pans and people.
However the cooking part was fun and we produced a lovely meal between the four of us, which was consumed, with wine, after we had completed the lesson.

It's also nice to meet other people who enjoy cooking and conversations during our meal were very interesting.

A great experience with a great team and we would recommend L'atelier des chefs to anyone, as a present or a personal treat.

We will be back for a different experience. Thanks to all the team.

1  Thank George A
There are newer reviews for L'Atelier des Chefs

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I was given a voucher for a 2 hour course including wine to drink with the meal I had cooked and an apron to rake home. I booked the French cuisine course on 11th April and thoroughly enjoyed it. We cooked palmiers, hazelnut parfait with salted caramel butter sauce, French onion soup and rack of lamb with pommes anna and baby vegetables - what a lot we achieved in the time! Well organised, friendly, attentive and helpful staff and the meal was delicious. Picked up lots of useful little tips. Would certainly go again.

1  Thank Patricia H
Reviewed April 10, 2014

After a couple of disastrous attempts to make macaroons, I booked onto the Mastering Macaroon at the St Paul's L'Atelier. I was apprehensive about it but the chef that was taking the class soon put me at ease. It was a 2 hour class and a maximum of 8 in the class which was the perfect number. The chef made sure that we all took part in every aspect and answered questions (stupid ones from me) with patience and no condescension at all (which I have experienced on other cooking courses at other providers). The result were some very tasty and beautiful looking macaroons which I was very happy with. The staff in the shop were very friendly and helpful too. When I first turned up, I was offered a hot or cold drink while I waited and we were also asked a couple of times during the course. There was also no pressure to buy anything (although I did). All in all, I would highly recommend taking this course

1  Thank kelack
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had two Cook, Eat & Run vouchers for Christmas and used for lesson to cook Moroccan chicken and cous cous. What a great experience. One of us cooks a lot, the other doesn't. But it really didn't matter. We both found the session really interesting, there were lots of helpful tips, the different approach in chopping garlic vs coriander vs parsley amongst others and the food we cooked was really delicious. To think it was only £15 each is incredible. A really great, sociable event. I wish we could go every day. We'll certainly be back sooner rather than later.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Bought this experiance for my mum for her birthday. Four of us went along and was made to feel so welcome. Never leave reviews ordinarily but was so happy felt this was needed one!! Staff were soooo friendly. Would recommend and certainly do it again!!!!

1  Thank Sharonwattgale