“Pan-Asian Masterclass”

Ranked #2,166 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: L'atelier des Chefs is the UK's most popular cookery school and London's ultimate cook & dine experience! Located in Oxford Circus and St Paul's, last year we taught over 30,000 people how to master a wide range of cuisines and skills. Classes range from 30 minutes to 4 hours catering for kitchen novices to cooking enthusiasts. From Moroccan and French cuisine to Sushi Rolling and Macaroon Making, there is something for everyone at L'atelier des Chefs.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Pan-Asian Masterclass”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had a great afternoon at my first Masterclass 10 days ago. The staff were very welcoming and knowledgable. Steve our chef (only 2 of us in the class) was great and I enjoyed some food banter with hm as well as learning some new skills, techniques and ingredients. The food was great when complete and also looked the part. I bought a discounted card after the class and will be coming back for a pasta making class soon.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bread Masterclass”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I loved the Bread Masterclass - I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for people who had never ever made bread before as it as quite a fast pace (as we had to get the dough made so we could prove it)- but the techniques were easy and Neil was really good at explaining why we were doing certain things, giving us tips etc etc for when we're making bread at home. While we were waiting for the bread to prove we made flatbreads and donuts - I've made flatbreads before but it just reinforced how easy it was, and the donuts were equally as easy, and delicious! It certainly makes a difference if the people in your group are friendly and chatty and willing to join in though. I'm now going to be eating bread for a week.....but I'm not complaining! :-)

1 Thank Rachel B
London, United Kingdom
“Fun lunchtime cooking class :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went to l'atelier yesterday for the third time - and was very good! Went to the Cook Eat and Run class and made a yummy dish as usual and got a complimentary dessert too :) Would recommend it as something different to do on a lunchtime instead of going to a restaurant - much more satisfaction when you have made the meal yourself!
Thanks!

middlesex
“200 yards from work, and l had never heard of it !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Manager took 10 of us as a "Thankyou", so a mix of ages, everyone pitched in even the young guys who had never cooked, and we all had fun cooking our lamb with beans, which was delicious !
Staff are great, we had a 30 minute slot which l admit meant that we had to share different parts of the preperation, but eating, and also the gorgeous chocolate dessert made especially for us, was very relaxed.
The range of cost, time, and classes should find something suitable for everyone, and there is no minimun number.
Quite a cook-shop too.
We loved it, l'd rather not score it against another restaurant, as that is not what it is.

Visited June 2013
london
“pastry class:fun as experience not great for learning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I booked this as a bday gift experience, also available via virgin/lastmin ect. paid £72 pp direct with company. The team are very friendly, we were apart of a group of 4 in a 2.5 hr pastry course. The chef/team keep ingredients pre weighed and partly mixed in bowls, you then move from station to station as a group doing little bits each whilst the others observe, mainly it was taking turns in stirring. It's quiet fast paced and you can't remember what you mixed for what, but my the end of it you end up with a some pastries to take home in a box!
Luckily they send you an email of method and ingredients so , I guess if you were after a learning experience you could consider it a crash course to be followed by some home work!
For us it was fun, but I am glad the group wasn't any larger as participation would have become too sparse and it would have been more of a demo then a hands on class.

• Visited May 2013