“Good Sardinian food”

Isola del Sole
Ranked #4,693 of 22,374 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Isola del Sole is the door to the Mediterranean in south-west London. With fresh and daily-made pasta, an array of flavours and the rich passion of life in every dish, this little Sardinian jewel is enough to make you feel like you're dining out by the Italian coast rather than by the bustling sounds of Putney. We are open Monday to Saturday, lunch and dinner.
London
“Good Sardinian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Isola del Sole does do very tasty Sardinian food. Don't be tempted to think it's just 'Italian' food that you'll get; you'll be disappointed. Instead, you get something different, and delicious.

The food, and the variety of the menu when we went, was great - lots of choice, lots of interesting sounding options. Of all dishes the three people in my party had, we were happy with them all except perhaps my dessert. Cheese-filled pastry covered in icing sugar, lemon and honey did sound a bit left field but I gave it a try. It's nice to see the place trying something different, but I was not a fan.

The atmosphere is reasonably smart and low key, with fairly dark lighting. The place is quite small, so the atmosphere can be severly affected (for better or worse) by the clientele on the night (as commented in another review). This night, it was a nice - and quiet - crowd so we had a good evening.

The service tonight was good, fairly prompt, fairly friendly, and both waitresses were able to help me when I had questions about the food.

We were sat right next to the front door on a very cold night. The regular opening and closing could have been very annoying had I been in a different mood, but I was kept entertained by both my company and the pretty waitresses, so it wasn't too irritating. However, when you book a table you may wish to ask to be further into the restaurant and NOT by the front window/door.

Having been a year or two back, and received dreadful service (to the point where we said we would never go back), this time around the whole experience was much better. I would recommend giving Sardinian a chance, and giving it a chance at Isola del Sole in Putney.

• Visited March 2013

London
“Fabulous Sardinian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This is NOT an Italian restaurant. The owners pride themselves on Sardinian food- no pizza in Sardinia!!

What they do have however, is fresh and flavoursome food. Mozzarella that you won't find in a supermarket, melt in your mouth stuff :) As for pasta, beautifully al-Dente just like your mother would make if you happened to be Sardinian, that is!

Prices have gone up in the last years but in all fairness so has the quality of the cooking. It's no longer a restaurant at the end of your road, it's a genuine destination now.

UK
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very nice food - the menu choice was relatively limited but both me and my partner found something to meet our tastes. Lovely little restaurant just off the main high street in Putney. Great service, would go back but maybe once they've updated the menu choices.

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Some of the best pasta in London ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

This Sardinian restaurant is not your typical Italian. It's my first choice for pasta.

Isola's pasta is freshly made everyday and its sauces are imaginative and each delicious. The Gnocchetti Sardi con Sugo di Salsiccia e Pomodoro especially so.

The wine list offers an range of unusual and delicious bottles from Sardinia and the antipasto includes the finest pecorino I have tasted.

The lunchtime menu is exceptionally good value but this restaurant comes into its own in the evening.

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Found this little Sardinina restaurant just off the main Putney Hight Street last week. The menu looked perfect for both my husband and I - he loves fish. At less than £12 for a two-course lunch it was great value and delicious food. Starters of buffalo mozarella and mussels were really tasty. For our mains, my husband had home made fettucine with cod while I had pork belly. Both delicious. Washed down with a glass of Sardinian white wine... Great. The dinner menu looked a lot pricier but we are planning on going back. The restaurant is small. Service was slow but we enjoyed the laid back atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012