“Decent food; Poor service”

Giraffe - The Brunswick Centre
Ranked #4,107 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went to this restaurant located in a lovely square with a large variety of stores. There is also a large number of vendors selling a great variety of international dishes and desserts. Due to the lack of space, I would not recommend this spot to a family with more than two children or a large group. A young man took our order and then disappeared for more than 30 minutes. When I saw him at a counter cleaning glasses, I motioned him but he did not come back to out table. Finally, I flagged down a young lady. However, she must have forgotten because 10 minutes later I saw her at another table. When I asked her for a dessert menu she would very rude, telling me that I would have to wait for my waiter. Finally, another member of my party saw a waitress and told her that we had been waiting quite a while for a dessert menu. She very promptly went up to the counter and scooped up menus for us. She turned out to be quite nice. However, my first time visit was spoiled by the lack of service from our original waiter and the poor attitude of the 2nd waitress. I am not inclined to recommend them to others due to this experience.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had never visited a Giraffe before. Absorbed in my paper, I didn't think 20 minutes was an inexcusably long time to wait for food after ordering. However, the staff did, and brought me free fries - result! Though I was trying to be healthy, which is why I wasn't in GBK. Never mind, free food is also calorie-free, right?

My jerk chicken was tasty. It seemed like the kind of menu with something for everyone - great for a group with one or two fussy people. Maybe a little expensive, but that's London, I guess.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

First meal on arrival. It was late and we would have eaten anything. My husband had the Giraffe burger, which is £3 off on Tuesdays BTW, (like I said, we weren't keen on analysis) and I had a salad.

The burger was well presented on a wooden platter with a paper cone of crispy fries. It wasn't over-sized as one would find in the states. The bun was fresh. He enjoyed it.

The salad, feta and avocado with seeds and a salsa verde, was a cup and a half of wilted over dressed greens. The flavors went well together and it had potential, but seemed to have been tossed hours before and pulled in a wad from a larger bowl of salad. Also, the bowl was huge compared with the portion size.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Had a very nice meal service very quick and efficient towards the cheaper end of restaurants in that block, Not sure about delivery option

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I went for the chicken, prawn and chorizo spicy jambalaya. Quite disappointed really. The rice and vegetables were tasty but the chicken, prawn and chorizo were just plonked on the top and obviously had not been cooked with the rice and spices and so tasted quite bland. The sweet potato fries were nice though. I had the chocolate mouse crunch for dessert and it was lovely. Nice selection of coffees and drinks. The atmosphere was great and our main waitress was very good. Unfortunately I didn't get her name.