“Thank you”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Transit: Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Charring Cross Tube Stations
Description: Situated in Covent Garden, at the heart of London's theatre land, Fire & Stone is the perfect dining spot for pre-theatre goers and tourists out and about in the West End. Its unique menu of gourmet global food, inspired by flavours from around the world and made with all the freshest ingredients, means there is something for everyone! The venue is impressively spacious, set over two floors and has room for up to 250 diners. The interior is cool and contemporary with a relaxed and stylish atmosphere to accompany it.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just want to tank you all the staff a fire and stone, my visit last night was amazing. Really enjoyable meal with my family. Food was amazing, service fantastic. Thank you,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,746)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I would like to apologise for interrupting the Staff Party last evening (10 October). I do appreciate that our presence in the restaurant at 10pm will have been terribly inconvenient and will have delayed you going out for that little bit longer. I do trust, however, that the opportunity that you had to change in to your "going out" clothes and then hang around chatting was appreciated.

If I have time later I will look up the number for a AV store on Tottenham Court Road since I would imagine that your background music speakers did take a bit of a battering at decibel levels that would make most people's ears bleed. But what's a party without music, eh?

I would also like to congratulate the party-goers in the kitchen for being so innovative and ignoring custom to produce a truly unique dining experience. Having your starters and main courses delivered to the table at the same time is a truly novel concept - it is such a shame that the table wasn't big enough to accommodate everything at the same time (not that the waiter party-goer seemed to notice).

I would have liked last night to have thanked the management party-goer for creating such a relaxed and, well, party-like atmosphere. However there was no sign of any management on site. It could be that they were in charge of the disco. Or maybe they were one of the party-goers chatting at the bar or at the front door. Possibly the party-goer wandering round with his stars and stripes boxers on full display and his jeans around his knees was management, but I am not sure.

That said, the food was pretty good. I enjoyed my Cape Town pizza which was not terribly expensive, and the parmesan bread starter with dips was very good.

I can't stand dull restaurants with no atmosphere, but this really was like a scene out of Home Alone when the grown-ups have disappeared for the weekend.

2  Thank brd_london
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Lovely choice of pizzas and pasta. Think they do the usal steak and chicken selection. We done deal with theatre ticket from lastminute.com
Location gave us lots of time to be in our seats before curtain up

Reviewed October 6, 2012

have been to fire and stone many times and the staff are always very helpful. food is always excellent and freshly cooked. would visit this restaurant every week if finances would allow.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I'd been to Fire and Stone a few times years ago, and both the menu and the service had been very good. How things can chage!

We went on a Wednesday night and easily got a table, so they can't have been at their busiest. Despite that it still took 10 minutes before a waiter came over, and another 10 before we got a drink. Waiting for service was a theme for the evening - it was over 30 minutes before a starter came out, and we'd been there for an hour before we finally got a pizza - and there were only 2 of us eating.

It would be generous to describe the food here as 'average'. A calamari starter comprised the thinest, soggiest, saddest looking calamari I've ever seen! the pizzas, trying desperately hard to be edgy and different, frequently seem to miss the point that they're supposed to taste good! The one I eventuially picked had no tomato sauce or cheese, so hardly a pizza at all (I assumed they would all come with this) - more just bread with some things on top. A side salad that cost £6 was no more than a couple of leaves and a few cubes of feta. Pathetic.

Given the proliferation of places in London where you can get great pizza and quick efficent service at a far better price (Pizza Express, Zizzis) I think I'll be giving Fire and Stone a miss in the future - I recommend everyone else does the same.

Shame - it used to be quite good.