“Outstanding gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I stumbled on Fino's on a cold Friday night in London. And what a find. Great, fresh food, quick service. A bit quirky -- it looks small, but once you get inside the little stairways and pathways seem to go on forever. Nothing pretentious here, just "neighborhood Italian" with great food. We had and really liked the watercress soup. My wife had the penne with goat cheese and I had the grilled chicken. Both were really good. We did not get pizza, but we saw the pies ordered by several other patrons and they looked (and smelled) good.

It was crowded, a bit noisy, but that all just fits in with the charm. I would gladly eat here again.

4  Thank 218SR

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My first trip to London with my mum was challenging as most restaurants close early and our arrival at the Grosvenor House was late. Chilled to the bone, we wandered up Park Lane and came upon Fino's. Although they were closing (for dinner) they seated us in a very nice booth and served us the best minestrone soup I've ever had, along with warm bread. The service and food was wonderful Subsequent visits have validated this review. Wonderful secret, almost hate to share....

1  Thank naptownalison
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a hidden gem just off Marble Arch, we stay near Marble Arch often and have never found this place until last night. Everything about it was great, the food was outstanding. Would recommend the Chickpea pancake for starts, just to die for.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Wow what an amazing little place. We were in London and looking for somewhere small and cozy for my birthday. We found Finos and we were not disappointed!

The food was to die for with fabulous flavours and generous portions
I started with the chickpea pancake which was heavenly! Not a pancake filled with chickpeas but made from chick peas. It was so light and the filling was beautiful. I would order this again for sure.

My main course was penne with submerging and goats cheese in a cream sauce. Oh wow!
my partner tried but could not eat his way through the desperate Dan size portion of spaghetti bolognaise and begrudgingly asked the waiter to take his plate before he popped!

the inside has lots of small cozy areas which give the restaurant a feeling of being small and intimate
The decor is nothing special but you don't go there to look at the walls!

We will definitely go back :-)

1  Thank roamingjode
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Been so many times to this wine bar but never had food. An absolute shock at so many floors and space - really intimate and cosy. Had a lovely bottle of house white a steal at London prices. The salt beef was wonderful - I had it in the daily deal with the ciabatta, salad and pickles. Lovely flavours and the salad was a meal on its own. Finished with the wild strawberry ice cream. Staff attentive, friendly and had time for a chat. A lovely few hours during a rainy shopping day. Selfridges and salt beef - I'll be back!

1  Thank DarrenSwansea