“Fabulous birthday dinner, incredible food, thank you Fabrizio”
Review of Fabrizio Restaurant - CLOSED

Fabrizio Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Holborn
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I was first taken to Fabrizio's a year ago by some friends who live nearby and are frequent diners there. When booking for my 30th birthday dinner I remember how accommodating Fabrizio was when we a group of c.12 of us turned up, so I booked for a party of 20. Fabrizio could not have been more helpful and accommodating in advance, letting me increase the numbers, and letting me swap favourite dishes from the main menu into a set menu that he'd put together for me.

The dinner last night was fantastic. Fabrizio and his staff were just as welcoming in person, and let us take the dinner at just the right pace, handing out prosecco while people caught up before we sat down for the starter. Everyone complimented the food, which was in generous portions and delicious, especially the , and several people asked how I'd found the place. Fabrizio was congenial all evening, even when everyone handed over a card to pay separately, and when our party got a bit rowdy.

I can't wait to go back and sample the rest of the menu! Thanks again Fabrizio and all your staff

1  Thank Katie092010

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I have regularly eaten here over several years and have never been disappointed. I have entertained friends and also business colleagues. The atmosphere is friendly and informal and the food is A1. In addition to the main menu there are also specials of the day. The ingredients are bought fresh each day at market and only the best is selected. I have no hesitation in recommending it. Do not be put off by the location or the decor - this restaurant is a gem for foodies.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Went with 12 people for my farewell dinner from work at the start of the week and it was a really nice experience. Shame we weren't seated on one table but it is quite compact, which has the advantage of giving it an intimate atmosphere. It may be small and tucked away in an interesting part of London but others have discovered its charm as it was busy for a Tuesday night. It is run by a Sicilian family and the food reflects that. The owner took time to explain the specials and the influences on the food. I had an octopus and potato salad starter which was perfect. The octopus was fresh and tender and it was a hearty portion. My slow cooked belly pork fennel and turmeric tagliatelle was rich and melting with just a hint of the turmeric coming through; the North African influence on Sicily apparently. It was very filling so no room for anything sweet. Service is friendly and because it's family run (all too rare these days unfortunately) it has that personal touch chains can't offer. Good value and a decent wine selection. Only criticism is they could offer better olives. I'll definitely go back.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We visited Fabrizio's on recommendation and it was a real pleasure to find a genuine, welcoming, neighbourhood-style Italian restaurant so deep in the heart of London. The highlight was the pasta. My own main course (reginette with artichoke and wild mushrooms) was delicious and intense and all the pastas were hand-made, with superb sauces filled with freshness and flavour. In fact, everything we tried was good and the service was very friendly. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

had a very nice dinner this weekend, very fine scallops, excellent service, lots of attention to detail in preparation of everything we ordered, service was friendly, timely and attentive. The place resonated of a family run business where everyone is working together, quality was evident in the whole experience. This place is not fancy, so if you're expecting the big chain glizt and glamor of places like Piccolino's, go somewhere else. If you expect to be looked after and have more focus on the experience and food, then check this place out, you will enjoy it.