“reliable”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Croquetas still creamy and delicious but having two portions may have been our downfall: over-creamed! padron pepper a bit overcooked and other dishes reliably good even though not exciting.

There are newer reviews for El Pirata Detapas

Reviewed December 22, 2013

The restaurant is located not so far from tourists area but totally different from the average restaurant. So, all what you need is just small decision to take the London bus. Then, you will enjoy good quality Spanish tapas at affordable prices.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Excellent service and a nice décor. We went for the tasting menu and were not disappointed. V. good.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Went with a group of friends and we ordered tapas continuously throughout the evening. All fabulous and served by endless patient staff. Great evening, will go again

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I love Spanish food, so when I discovered this restaurant I was so happy!! The atmosphere is great...very nice place near Notting Hill, but in a quiet, nice road. I've been there many times, with reservation or without, and I definetely recommend it! Staff is friendly and professional, food is delicious, both are truly Spanish (it's not that kind of fake/touristic place, so common in London). Even the water is Spanish!! Every dish i tried was amazing, but I loved especially the tortilla, croquetas and the "Crema catalana two ways". Great selection of wines, and good sangria as well. Highly recommended!!!