“Good atmosphere, pleasant service and really good food”
Review of El Pirata Detapas - CLOSED

El Pirata Detapas
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Westbourne Grove is a real melting pot of different cultural options to eat. As a businessman visiting London, the idea of choosing one or 2 tapas to have with a glass of wine in the evening was what I wanted and I was not disappointed with the quality of the service, with the food nor with the wine(s) by the glass. Fried paprika squid with guacomole, grilled asparagus with manchego and the 6 hour pork were tasty and attractively presented; the lot accompanied by a glass of fresh La Goya Manzanilla, a glass of La Pasión Bobal (Utiel) and a coffee.
Very good quality and service for anywhere. Reasonable prices for London.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I visisted with a friend. This is the third time i have eaten here, once before in the eveing and once for Lunch. again as before the food was amazing.

the waiter reccomended a fantastic white wine, that was very reasonably priced. the service from all the waiting staff was at a very high standard.

I cannot say enough about the food, only that there was slightly too much Chorizo for the last course (cant really complain).

i would definately reccomend to everyone for a romantic or quiet evening with friends.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I took my mother out here for lunch (along with my sister) for Mothers Day. The food was superb and everyone was very impressed. Presentation of food was very good and very tasty - portion sizes also more than adequate. Price of food, taking into account the quality, is also reasonable.

For a 2 person mixed paella (shared between three), 6 tapas dishes, a glass of red wine and two soft drinks the bill was £75 (including 12.5% service charge). Given everyone felt well fed and taking into consideration the quality of food, all in all it got a thumbs up.

Each dish we had was very tasty (we picked at all of them) and all walked away agreeing that not only would we recommend it to others, but we were all very keen to go again.

Recommended dishes? Certainly the broken eggs (someone has already added a photo). Also the pork belly and the squid.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Two of us had a wonderful selection of tapas, the best I've had, the portions were good, the prices very reasonable, and the service excellent. I would recommend here to anyone, although I am told that the Mayfair branch is even better!

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go for the chef menu, and we couldn't finish all plates down to the cakes.
Quite authentic taste, elegant service all for a reasonable price compared to other high level restaurants of this kind.