“Fun place to go to”

Ranked #2,810 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: With beautiful bespoke cocktails, glamorous interiors and some of London's best DJs, Dirty Martini Covent Garden is the perfect place for a sophisticated night with a spirited twist! Perfectly located close to Covent Garden & Charing Cross tube stations & open late every night.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was in this club after a terrible experience in a restaurant near by and was everything that i needed to take my mind off it... the staff was very friendly and the cocktails were absolutely amazing... the music was good, the atmosphere was young and vibrant .... i loved it. will definatly go back next time in London !

There are newer reviews for Dirty Martini Covent Garden

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The staff were lovely and helpful, but the balance between cost and staffing just isn't right. It takes too long to get the drinks served, even on a Thursday night. Noisy and fun environment but I won't be going back - too many other bars around that serve quicker.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was recently at Dirty Martini in Hanover square for my sisters birthday party! I found this a great venue for a few drinks and a good boogie. Happy was good but wasn't clear, and more bar staff are needed on the Friday/ Saturday nights! I found the drinks quite high, £8.75 for a cocktail! £4.60 for a bottle of corona! but remember it is London!

I found the management team very helpful to my sisters request for her party..

I would return for a night, but would go early for happy hour.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've been to Dirty Martini before for a birthday and remembered enjoying their cocktails and their friendly table service staff. That was over two years ago and clearly some things have changed. I met a friend there for a quick after work catch up and was firstly struck by how small the place is - something I hadn't remembered! Fortunately, being early on a Monday evening we were able to find seats fairly quickly. Once happily ensconced a a table with our drinks one of the waiting staff began doing something I have never seen before and hope never to see again. She was clearly having some difficulty determining whether our drinks were finished or not and rather than interrupt and ask us whether we were finished, she simply aggressively flicked our glasses round to see whether there was any liquid left. While that is infinitely preferable to having someone simply whip a glass away with half a shot of whisky in the bottom as I have had happen elsewhere, it was nonetheless extremely rude. The frequency with which she did it was also excessive - she did this at least 3 times per drink. We had 4 drinks across a 3 hour period meaning she did this twelve times in three hours or approximately once every 15 minutes. I eventually simply had to put my hand over my drink and hold it there as a signal that my drink absolutely was not finished so she did not have to lean over me to flick my glass. Then, I decide I needed to visit the ladies room. My first visit was at 19:00 or so on a Monday evening and there was no toilet paper, a situation which was not remedied by the time I left at around 21:30. This early in the evening on a the quietest night of the week says to me that nobody had checked the ladies since the end of the previous evening. I find it completely distasteful to have to 'drip dry' in a bar that at least presents itself as more upmarket, I would have had a more comfortable experience relieving myself at the Belushi's round the corner. So, thanks to the boorish manners of the waiting staff and the poor attention to detail, I think I will be choosing to drink elsewhere in Covent Garden.

Before ending there, I should say that the bar staff were lovely - polite, attentive and friendly.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My friends and I order drinks under Happy Hour, we were only told after they arrived that only certain drinks were half price, the waitress was aware that we intended to utilise the offer when taking the order. We then ordered a number of bottles of wine around 7:30pm, but none arrived after 35 minutes!

We then queued at the bar and waited in front of a member of the bar staff who was preparing drinks. We were waiting directly in front of them for a further 15 minutes for him to then tell us he was only preparing table orders and we would have to queue again at the other end of the bar. He laughed when we asked why he didn’t tell us earlier, not very good customer service.

We complained and then were told the white wine would be sent to the table, it arrived 20 minutes later, and warm. No glasses arrived and we went back to the member of staff preparing drinks and waited for him to finish. I asked if he could pass a glass from behind him, he just shook his head and said “no mate” and walked off.

We went to the bar again at 8:30 and queued to buy cocktails on happy hour. We were very rudely told that happy hour ends at 8 and “tough luck”. But the website clearly states its till 9 and we were only given the offer when all 9 of us said we were leaving, we were ejected from our table after takin 8 cocktails on BOGOF "extended" off. RUDE staff, bad space and not very good quality drinks.

2  Thank Christopher B