“Evening meal”

Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Evening meal”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We called at this restaurant as it was close to the Hotel and we had had a busy day and was tired. We all ordered the cheapest set meal as it was a little pricey for five of us. The meal was good, tasty and fresh unfortunately some of the staff were a bit miserable.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Emerald Isle, North Carolina
“Every restaraunt has seen its day”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have visited this restaurant many times over the last five or so years. We ate in the establishment when it first opened and were favorably impressed. We then ate there again and were very happy. We looked forward to our visit last month, Sept 2013, and am sorry to say that it was a disaster. The service was nonexistent. We waited to have a person take our order and found everything to be of POOR quality. The tea was muddy brown in color and lacked any taste. I ordered duck and there was a side order of seaweed placed on the plate. It tasted like dried seaweed from the sea. The egg rolls were outstandingly bad. I waited ten minutes for the bill to arrive at the table but realized it would not happen and walked to the cash register where I asked the young man to give us a bill. I paid for the meal and then asked the man to read our review of the meal. I'm not sure if he could read the note but then the female manager appeared. we INFORMED HER OF THE DISAPPOINTED WE EXPERIENCED and told her that we would write this review. I'm sorry to have to write this review but feel it is needed. A number of the restaurants in this area of London have changed ownership recently and like everything age catches up with us all and in this case mortality should come quickly or the rebirth of a new establishment is needed.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank vinpeter40
Epsom, United Kingdom
“A decidedly average Chinese”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

It had been many years since I had been to this restaurant, but as I was in the area with 3 colleagues, we decided to give it a try for dinner. It was not as I remembered it and it was very average to say the least. As the four of us shared each dish, we had at least twelve and none of them was out of the ordinary, some were bland and boring. The surroundings are also drab and the service just about passable.
Not a place to rush back to

• Visited October 2013
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Great food, Poor service”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've eaten here a couple of years ago and enjoyed the excellent food, with acceptable service quality. But this time I had a working lunch with a colleague from overseas and the service was embarrassingly poor. The waiter who showed us to our table was barely polite and quickly went back to his own table to finish his lunch, it took some time to order, we had to ask for soy sauce and constantly request more tea (rather than have the waiters ask us if we wanted more) and the delay between just two simple courses was such that it took two hours (12.00-2.00) to have a two course meal. The management must have changed since I was last here and they need urgently to train their staff in the basics of politeness and service etiquette,

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank JennyandPeter
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and great value for money”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This restaurants food was fantastic and great value for money. we arrived before 5pm and was able to get the deal of 2 meals for £6.95. I have to say it was the best Chinese I have had and if staying in the location again I would go back.

Visited August 2013