“Sunday after theatre”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: It is located on the corner of Gerrard Street and Macclesfield Street in the heart of London's Chinatown and easily recognised from our traditional Green Tiled Pagoda entrance Spread over 3 floors and lavishly decorated, the restaurant seats up to 150 guests and it also has a private room for special requests. When making your order, be sure to try some of our Chef's signature dishes such as Crispy Duck, Fresh Lobster with dry chilli and garlic, House Supreme Hot Pot and the ultimate special Three Kinds of Mixed Barbecue Meat. No booking is required. Walk-ins are welcome during our opening hours.
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Visited after theatre visit. Quick efficient service, good food. Lots of staff, who were polite and friendly. no music. Got stung with a service charge that we didn't see before seating.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We came here after hitting pride and oh my god as soon as we walked in the staff were beyond rude. They took our order and as soon as it was ready they put the bag down on the table and walked away. After waiting and asking the waiter for 5 minutes he eventually told us it was for us. He said "well you ordered 5 items didn't you so it is for you".
To top it off the food isn't even that great my rice was burnt.
I wouldn't even recommend coming here even you were drunk beyond believe.

1  Thank ChrisGW-London
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Duck is their obvious signature dish and must be tried. Its available as an appetizer as well. I had a scallop dish and my wife had a veggie plate. I don;t know what other reviewers are talking about. The food and the service were top notch and I would definitely eat there again. The one negative about this restaurant is that it is not very big (even with an upstairs). But people were waiting for tables and the place was jammed while other restaurants were not. That speaks volumes to me.

2  Thank fradel61
Reviewed June 8, 2014

After an afternoon at one of the theatres in Shaftsbury Avenue, we had planned to go home and have a Chinese meal at our favourite restaurant in our home town but thought as we were in Chinatown it would be nice to finish our great day out in London with a meal right here. After walking up and down checking out the other restaurants, of which there were plenty, we decided on the Golden Pagoda. We asked for a table for two and were guided through the downstairs restaurant, up a flight of stairs to the second level and then up a further flight of stairs to the top most level of the establishment which had frosted windows onto the street so that you unfortunately could not see out to watch the bustling street below and which to be honest looked quite blandly decorated. Once seated service began and although there was nothing wrong with the service, we felt it was quite rushed as literally as you finished one course the next was laid in front of you. At one point my plate was cleared before my husband had finished his last few mouthfuls. We had a set menu for two and it was very pleasant but lacked the attention to detail that we always experience at our local restaurant. We paid more for slightly less than we normally would locally but I guess this is due to being in central London. Overall, there was nothing wrong with the service or meal but we left feeling a little disappointed and that we would have preferred to have eaten at home purely because we like a more personal service and attention to detail.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I came here late Saturday night and had the wonton soup, which I thought was below par. The soup base had no flavour but what really irked me was the noodles. When I used my chopsticks to pull the noodles up, it all came in one big ball. It's like when you have dry instant noodles and pour hot water to soak it, which is why I think they cut corners on this. The plus were the actual wontons, which were quite meaty, but need more flavour.

Service was good and staff seemed friendly.