“Beetroot at Brasserie Blanc”
Review of Brasserie Blanc St Paul's - CLOSED

Brasserie Blanc St Paul's
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: In the shadow of the famous dome of the cathedral is our smart St Paul's Brasserie & Bar. Enjoy fabulous working lunches, after work drinks or dinner with friends. Seasonal menus with deliciously authentic French food, daily specials and a monthly changing set menu ensure you will always have something new to try. We look forward to welcoming you.
London, United Kingdom
“Beetroot at Brasserie Blanc”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

After a long day at the office, the OH & I needed a quick & tasty place for dinner near St Pauls.
It was a toss-up between Brasserie Blanc & Bread St Kitchen – and Raymond won.
At first, I thought we stumbled into a rehearsal of ‘ello ‘ello, with the accent of the waiting staff sounding unusual.
We shared Maman Blanc’s salad starter. It came with beetroot! Eeuuwww!
But….it was truly delicious with little pockets of carrot remoulade & celery in some sort of dressing. It converted both me and the OH to this maligned vegetable.
The stuffed chicken leg was ok – I would have preferred the skin crispy.
The OH demolished his lamb kidneys & mash and pronounced them delectable.
Finally the dessert was a pistachio soufflé. I thought it a tad underdone, but the OH assured me all soufflés should be like this. I’m still not convinced. The choc ice cream was lovely.
All in all, good food at fairly reasonable prices (for London).
I want to try another branch now.

• Visited March 2013
BrasserieBlancStPaul, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc St Paul's, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for you cheerful review :). We are happy you had a pleasant time at our Brasserie and we are hoping to see you again soon.

“Very good food and service”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Place does everything well and offers some good options. Prices are not bad for London and reasonable for the St Paul area. I would go back to this place.

Thank you very much for your review and hopefully we'll see you again soon!
Derry, United Kingdom
“Good value set menu”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We ate from the set menu available all day mon-fri. Make sure you ask for this menu as although it is on it was not offered to us with the other menu. The food was ok though somewhat uninspiring and had it been full price I would have been very disappointed. It cost less than £17 each for a three courses meal and when ordering from this menu you could avail of a glass of house wine for £2.50.With all this in mind it is difficult to be to harsh.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Quality French brasserie by St Paul's - romantic venue - good for a date. Beware slightly slow service though.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Very nice French style brasserie with delicious classic French dishes - the hot smoked salmon and the beef bourguignon and the chicken stuffed with prunes were delicious. Portion sizes are a little small though - but the the only negative comment...

bandon, county cork
“Excellent food”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I visited here at lunch time and had the swiss chard and gruyere gratin, fricassee of mushrooms and a poached egg. It sounds like an odd combination but it was actually a perfect choice for lunch and really delicious.

What makes this place aside from just the food is the amazing decor. I'll be back! I thought the prices were quite reasonable and the service attentive.

• Visited January 2013