“The best staff”

Ranked #580 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: On the west side of Trinity Square, close to Tower Hill tube station, our brasserie lies opposite the Tower of London, one of the city's most popular landmarks. We open from 8.30 Am Monday - Friday for breakfast right through to dinner. On Saturdays we open at 8.30Am for breakfast and for lunch until 3pm. Or try our seasonally changing a la carte menu for lunch or dinner, a taste of real French food with heart. Book a table in the light and airy brasserie, or reserve the lower floor dining area for a private party, complete with its own bar. Exclusive weekend hire is also available.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Popped in on a Friday night and as always we were made to feel so welcome, the decor is fresh and interesting, the place just feels so cosy.

After some great Moules and a bottle of house Merlot we were sent home very happy as usual.
We have been to a few Brasserie Blanc's and this is the best for sure.

Valerie L, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you very much for all your good feed back
Drop me a line at Toweroflondon@brasserieblanc.com and I will arrange for you and a guest to enjoy a glass of house wine on us next time you come to dine at Tower.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Listen, as it is as good you can get it, meal food majestic, just not going to fill you up, the quality was there, but no quantity, and i am not a big eater.

The steak, cooked fine but again just felt indisposed with the size and its presentation, If Raymond want a no hold sit down then , yes let us have a debate, staff good, not the best and price just about OK, And when you crush an apple with your teeth, say to it in your heart,
"Your seeds shall live in my body,
And the buds of your tomorrow shall blossom in my heart,
And your fragrance shall be my breath,
And together we shall rejoice through all the seasons."
The issue with restauranteurs, surely is this, I know as a lecturer and economics graduate, that they can give the food away for free, give it away, they make all the money on drink, note all the mark up is on the wine and spirits, the food is just to get us in the place, However thee is a culture of being cheep with food sizes and potions, I feel that they need to live in the real world, but you know when A STEAK: informs me of its weight, ON THE MENU, I KNOW AUTOMATICALLY IT WILL BE OF GENERAL ACCOUNTANTS STANDARDS, just serve it how it is, big and large with the side dishes, on the side, Listen you want to eat a steak the chop house soho London, think on my french mate, and serve it how it should be, you know, Besançon, in eastern France, big and beautiful, free bread and butter, olive oil, on the side, with a large range of potatoes and veg, make it happen, before you get found out, ........

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I took c. 16 people here (pre-booked on £30 set menu) for a business team meal.

We had a private room downstairs; wasn't really a private room... but it was a Monday, and they didn't put anyone else in with us, which was fine.

I was impressed by the food - the steak in particular was brilliant. Lots of people said how impressed they were the following day.

We could have done with a bit more attentive service; at one point I wanted to order champagne and it took 5mins to track someone down, and a further 10mins before it materialised. Bit frustrating for a relatively basic request. They knew they had a large booking, so should have ensured there was always someone around.

Nonetheless, a well-run evening - would come here again.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Atmosphere and service were great. Nice white table cloths. Very attractive interior. Food was good. I had eggs florentine. Sauce was wonderful. My granddaughter had scrambled eggs also very good. We walked to Tower of London.

Valerie L, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Bonjour and Happy New Year
Bonne Annee

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stopped by on Friday night as was walking past and herd the the wonderful sound of a live group singing. Looked in and was pleasantly surprised. Greeted with a very warm welcome. The staff were excellent and the food very good and reasonably priced. Hubby had the sausage and mash which had perfect fluffy mash and herby sausages. I had the beef stroganoff which was lovely and creamy. Can also recommend the trio of desserts I am allergic to pineapple (strange I know) and this was in one of the desserts, the waitress immediately asked chef to prepare me something else and I received a lovely raspberry alternative. Highly recommend especially when they have live music. Which definitely added to the romance of the night.

1  Thank Susan S