“Probably the worst I had in a restaurant for a very long time...”

Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill
Ranked #641 of 23,214 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: On the west side of Trinity Square, close to Tower Hill tube station, our brasserie lies opposite the Tower of London, one of the city's most popular landmarks. We open from 8.30 Am Monday - Friday for breakfast right through to dinner. On Saturdays we open at 8.30Am for breakfast and for lunch until 3pm. Or try our seasonally changing a la carte menu for lunch or dinner, a taste of real French food with heart. Book a table in the light and airy brasserie, or reserve the lower floor dining area for a private party, complete with its own bar. Exclusive weekend hire is also available.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We went there with a large group, we had pre ordered from a selected menu, so it would not cause chaos in the kitchen, but I must say that the food was average to not good. I had a spinach and gorgonzola salad with croutons as a starter and what I was served remainded me of the sort of salad you get at the canteen at school, not bad but not good either, seasonning was completely inexistant. Then, I had the pork, but maybe it was a very thick shoe sole, I am not sure, as it was extremely hard, I could not really cut it... My friends thought the same. Desert, was ok, but nothing special. I think that for a Blanc Brasserie, this is really really bad. Service was good though!

1  Thank Lliline
Valerie L, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Bonsoir,
Thank you for your review, your comments have been very valuable to me. I will be very grateful if you can contact me as I would like to find more about your visit.
Have a nice week

There are newer reviews for Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Four of us went for lunch.

The starter was excellent. A cheese souffle which three of us ordered and really enjoyed.

I'd didn't have a choice when it came to mains as there was only one vegetarian option. A bean and lentil casserole which was cooked but not served in a tagine. Nothing special and seemed like it had been reheated. I've eatten better things in Eat for £3. The others seemed to enjoy their mains though.

The desserts were poor and on that point we all agreed. I really didn't see skill in any of them. I wouldn't recommend a third course.

The service is good but not worth the suggested 20% on the bill.

I won't go back as I thought the price was too high for the quality delivered. I'd rather spend the same amount in another venue of a similar grade of which there are many. Or spend way less and get something equally as enjoyable.

The menu is poor for vegetarians.

Bonsoir,
Thank you for your comment about your experience at my Brasserie. I am very sorry that you didn’t enjoy the food and did feel that a suggested 20% service was on the bill. We do suggest 10% for group of 6 and more and imagine that it’s been a misreading with the 20 % VAT.
I would like to find more about your experience and will be very grateful if you can contact me at the Brasserie
Have a nice week end

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd BB venue I've visited and found it enjoyable. The service was really efficient and pleasant.
I think it's well priced and the menu is standard French brasserie fare.
Good atmosphere once it got busier but the service didn't suffer.

Valerie L, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Bonjour,
Hope to see you soon at the Brasserie
Have a nice day, take care

Reviewed May 28, 2013

While strolling through London last week, we saw this restaurant and choose it for our lunch. Within our company of three people we had the salmon, the chicken and the steak. All three dishes were great, although we had to wait long for them. Partly due to the large business audience this place attracts, but also because our waitress rejected the salmon dish for not being up to spec.

This behavior in itself justifies a large tip, but when one person in our company spilled her latte over the table and onto the floor, we were in for a real treat. Not only did the waiters clean up the mess and cover the stain with a napkin; They also asked whether the person would like a new latte and did not charge for it. Now, that's service.

Next time I'm in London, I'll know where to have another luxurious lunch!

Valerie L, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Bonsoir,

Thank you for you nice comments.
Hope we will see you soon at the Brasserie for the new summer a la carte that start yesterday .
Have a nice week end

Val

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I'm really quite shocked to see quite bad reviews for this particular chain. I had dinner here recently and I have nothing but praises about the food, the price and the service.

I had dinner here on a Wednesday and it was not too crowded (thankfully). There were a few tables of business folks, but the atmosphere was still pleasant without any rowdiness in the air. Our waitress was friendly and attentive with great knowledge of the menu. I chose the mussels for starters and the pork belly special for my main. The mussels came in a decent size pot and I was pleasantly surprised to see the amount of mussels served. All of the shells were open, the broth was thin but flavourful. My pork belly came with crispy crackling which is divine. If you could taste perfection, I'm sure it tastes exactly like a perfectly seasoned and cooked pork belly with crispy crackling.

I am not a dessert person so I can't comment on the quality of the dessert at the Brasserie Blanc. But all in all, it was a wonderful evening and I look forward to returning for another lovely meal!

Valerie L, General Manager at Brasserie Blanc Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Bonjour Lucette