“Unbelievably bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Rialto - Fulham - CLOSED

Cafe Rialto - Fulham
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: Should you find yourself promenading along the Fulham Road with your lover, grab their hand and lead them into the warmth of Caf�� Rialto where popular Italian dishes are served by candlelight. Raising the romantic temperature are a fireplace, Venetian murals, and star-like ceiling lights. The food - prepared on the premises every day - is just as pleasurable. Share a sweet bruschetta, perhaps, before tucking into the fresh rolled pasta encasing the spinach and ricotta of a crespoline fiorentina (if you���d rather not have the cream sauce, there are eight others to choose from), or a sea bass fillet in a lemon and butter sauce from the specials menu. Plenty of vegetarian options too
Toronto, Canada
“Unbelievably bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I made the massive mistake of dining at Cafe Rialto last night; and, from the start it was an unmitigated disaster. The waitress hardly seemed to speak English, which didn't matter that much as she made no attempt to converse, but it certainly did matter when I had to give my order (mussels) three times before she understood what I was ordering. Although even then she seemed confused (the confusion and language barrier persisted throughout the meal, at a later point I asked for another glass for our water and received a diet coke)- that should have been my first tip that this was not going to be an even alright culinary experience. My boyfriend ordered pepperoni pizza, which (to be fair) she did understand immediately. After a not inconsiderable wait (particularly when keeping in mind the quality of what arrived) our food arrived. It was horrific. My mussels were so over cooked they were black and even the garlic bread that arrived was horrible. I was so hungry however that I ate it all, something which proved to be yet another bad decision; as, immediately upon returning home I was promptly violently ill. My boyfriend's pizza was bland beyond description. The cheese was watery and tasteless and the base was like cardboard. It was, without a doubt, the worst pizza either or us had ever tried; and, I'm not just including restaurants in that comment- any supermarket frozen pizza would be better. I would never come back here again and my only recommendation would be that nobody else try it, it's not worth the risk. Between the horrible service, horrible food and the food poisoning you would be better off going somewhere else or just picking up a frozen meal from the Tescos across the street.

• Visited August 2012

“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I am really disappointed. Worst dinner I had so far in London.
The waitress got our orders completely wrong: I wanted a medium rare steak, and she brought me a medium well done one. I know it because this was written later on the check (medium well done? what is that?). My husband ordered a small glass of wine, and she brought a big one. Not to mention it tasted horrible (and it was supposed to be a Montepulciano, which is usually a nice wine), and it was almost 6 pound. I have ordered a glass of Pimm's and she brought me half a glass of Pimm's. Literally. So I said, I think it should come at least with Lemonade. And she brought me a lemon. So I said it again, and at the end she managed to bring out something decent (although totally not worth it the 6.50 pound we paid). We also ordered some olives for starter, but they were spicy (I don't see why you should bring spicy food when it is not specified on the menu).
We paid 37 pound, for 2 steaks, a starter, some bread, olives, the wine and the Pimm's. Ridiculous. Not going back.

• Visited August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Lunch Spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

I went for the first time with here with my girlfriend for Sunday lunch. The place was pretty busy as we walked by and the menu looked appealing. We both went with the £8.95 two course lunch special. This included a hearty bowl of soup and a pizza. I had the Minestrone and Margherita pizza. My girlfriend got the some type of mushroom soup and Fiorentina pizza. The soup portion was massive and they also brought out bread/butter to accompoany the soup. The pizzas were also very good. All in all, it was a great experience with great service. If you're in a time crunch, this isn't the place to go - it took at least an hour for us to eat lunch, but we were not in a hurry!

• Visited November 2011
“Fantastic food at a great price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

We try to get down to cafe Rialto at least once a fortnight. The food is amazing and when using the Tastecard it's extremely good value. The pizzas especially are fantastic!

London, United Kingdom
“Been coming here for 5 years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2010

I have lived in Fulham for 5 years and thought its about time I wrote a review about my favourite local restaurant - especially when I keep coming back week after week for a good Italian lunch.
Great for breakfast and Sunday papers too!
And try the Gelato... very good.