“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Rialto - Fulham - CLOSED

Cafe Rialto - Fulham
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: Should you find yourself promenading along the Fulham Road with your lover, grab their hand and lead them into the warmth of Caf�� Rialto where popular Italian dishes are served by candlelight. Raising the romantic temperature are a fireplace, Venetian murals, and star-like ceiling lights. The food - prepared on the premises every day - is just as pleasurable. Share a sweet bruschetta, perhaps, before tucking into the fresh rolled pasta encasing the spinach and ricotta of a crespoline fiorentina (if you���d rather not have the cream sauce, there are eight others to choose from), or a sea bass fillet in a lemon and butter sauce from the specials menu. Plenty of vegetarian options too
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I am really disappointed. Worst dinner I had so far in London.
The waitress got our orders completely wrong: I wanted a medium rare steak, and she brought me a medium well done one. I know it because this was written later on the check (medium well done? what is that?). My husband ordered a small glass of wine, and she brought a big one. Not to mention it tasted horrible (and it was supposed to be a Montepulciano, which is usually a nice wine), and it was almost 6 pound. I have ordered a glass of Pimm's and she brought me half a glass of Pimm's. Literally. So I said, I think it should come at least with Lemonade. And she brought me a lemon. So I said it again, and at the end she managed to bring out something decent (although totally not worth it the 6.50 pound we paid). We also ordered some olives for starter, but they were spicy (I don't see why you should bring spicy food when it is not specified on the menu).
We paid 37 pound, for 2 steaks, a starter, some bread, olives, the wine and the Pimm's. Ridiculous. Not going back.

• Visited August 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Lunch Spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

I went for the first time with here with my girlfriend for Sunday lunch. The place was pretty busy as we walked by and the menu looked appealing. We both went with the £8.95 two course lunch special. This included a hearty bowl of soup and a pizza. I had the Minestrone and Margherita pizza. My girlfriend got the some type of mushroom soup and Fiorentina pizza. The soup portion was massive and they also brought out bread/butter to accompoany the soup. The pizzas were also very good. All in all, it was a great experience with great service. If you're in a time crunch, this isn't the place to go - it took at least an hour for us to eat lunch, but we were not in a hurry!

• Visited November 2011
“Fantastic food at a great price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

We try to get down to cafe Rialto at least once a fortnight. The food is amazing and when using the Tastecard it's extremely good value. The pizzas especially are fantastic!

London, United Kingdom
“Been coming here for 5 years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2010

I have lived in Fulham for 5 years and thought its about time I wrote a review about my favourite local restaurant - especially when I keep coming back week after week for a good Italian lunch.
Great for breakfast and Sunday papers too!
And try the Gelato... very good.

London, United Kingdom
“Found a piece of gravel in the pizza - got apathy from staff in return"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

We had a good opinion of this place having gone there several times over the summer. Affordable with a mix of pasta, pizza and breakfast choices on the menu as well as a kids' menu. I don't know if the management has changed but we didn't recognize any of the staff. Though we had a toddler with us, we weren't seved our main courses until 50 minutes after we were seated. The restaurant was not full yet we counted 3 tables who came after us, including one other family with small children, and were served before us. We figured they had forgotten the rest of our order (which included an omelet -seriously how long does that take?) so we kept trying to catch the staff's eye (the manager and two waitresses) but they were busy hiding behind the bar and would stare blankly back in pure apathy. Finally, one of us went to ask what was going on with our order and it was clear they had forgotten us, though they didn't admit it. THEN, the kicker. Husband, while muncing on his pizza, audibly found something in it with his teeth! Ack! And it gets worse, we were hoping it was sand or bone or something but it was a ROCK. A black piece of gravel. I took it to the manager who couldn't explain it. He did not apologize but after a nudge, magnanimously took the pizza off our bill!!! We grudgingly paid for the rest of it, but wow, never again. I have never had that happen to me in the developed world. I am still nauseated by the memory of gravel in pizza, am completely mystified by the staff's attitude and saddened by the change in this restaurant's quality. AVOID. Unless you have dental insurance.