“Annual get together!”

About Thyme Restaurant
Ranked #117 of 22,675 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pimlico
Description: In the heart of Victoria-Pimlico you will find About Thyme - a bright and buzzy restaurant, usually packed out with folk dropping in from offices in nearby Victoria as well as those lucky locals who have this little gem right on their doorstep. A large purple painted and glass frontage opens out in to an intimate cream painted dining room furnished in subtle and comfortable banquettes and mood lighting while in the summer months pavement dining is a must for those people watching afternoons. About Thyme's bistro style menu is put together with produce fresh from the London markets so expect great tasting flavours straight from ground, sea or field inspired by classic European recipes.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Annual get together!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

My god-daughter, 2 close friends and I ate here for an early supper on 13/8/14 as we are from various parts of The UK and only get to meet up yearly. We were not disappointed we ordered from the set menu which was excellent white asparagus with smoked salmon, then to follow hake - delicious, dessert of figs - again delicious! The White Rioja was a superb recommendation by the waiter, sorry if we ordered too many!! All in all a lovely evening for 4 ladies who gave as good as they got with the staff with good humour. All the staff were attentive but unobtrusive a welcome change in this day and age where other establishments can go over the top. Would recommend About Thyme if you are in the locality.

Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
George Town, null, Cayman Islands
“Superb”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

On our last night of our London visit we popped into About Thyme for an early evening meal and had a wonderful experience. I'd found the restaurant on-line and it looked interesting so we took a chance and were not disappointed. The food and wine selections were excellent and the service perfect (admittedly, it was perhaps a bit early and the restaurant not crowded). I would certainly go back.

• Visited July 2014
San Francisco, California
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We ate here twice for dinner and found it a bit hit (my husband would like his dish) or miss (I did not enjoy mine). The atmosphere is nice (nicer in the upstairs area). What I remember most is the last time I ordered the jamon iberico and it came back dry and chewy and not at all like the moist thin versions I had in Spain.

• Visited August 2014
aboutthyme, Manager at About Thyme Restaurant, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
We are please that your partner enjoy our food on both visits and genuinely sorry you did not. Particularly the " Jamon Iberico"
Sometimes a Jamon Iberico may lack regular flecks of intramuscular fat ( what makes it moist) nonetheless that does not make it a "bad ham" and for us, there is no way of telling until we start carving it.
If you had told us during your visit, we would more than happy had carved another portion.
“Great !”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Good food, quick service, kind personnel, maybe not the cheapest restaurant however the quality of the meal is TOP ! Spanish oriented.

Sutton, United Kingdom
“A gem, under my (capacious) nose!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I went there for lunch this week with a group of 5 friends and had excellent salad, a superb risotto and a lovely bottle of crianza. To think of the number of times I have walked past without noticing it! The narrow frontage belies the size of the interior and upstairs. It is also noteworthy that it is possible to meet and eat in relative privacy, although my party was somewhat raucous and sat in the window.

• Visited August 2014