“Great food and set lunch and per theatre particularly good value”

About Thyme Restaurant
Ranked #120 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pimlico
Description: In the heart of Victoria-Pimlico you will find About Thyme - a bright and buzzy restaurant, usually packed out with folk dropping in from offices in nearby Victoria as well as those lucky locals who have this little gem right on their doorstep. A large purple painted and glass frontage opens out in to an intimate cream painted dining room furnished in subtle and comfortable banquettes and mood lighting while in the summer months pavement dining is a must for those people watching afternoons. About Thyme's bistro style menu is put together with produce fresh from the London markets so expect great tasting flavours straight from ground, sea or field inspired by classic European recipes.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I ate here last night with a couple of girlfriends. We ate early and so had the set menu which has an excellent choice and is great value for what is food of a very high standard. I had delicious calamari, my friends had beef carpaccio. For mains, steak, sea bass and chicken were all great. Good wine choice, mainly spanish, but other countries represented. Fairly priced. I usually eat here later in the evening (post 7.30) when the set menu stops, and the food is obviously similarly good. However we were all very happy with a small bill for a great evening. Service is great, friendly and unobtrusive.

There are newer reviews for About Thyme Restaurant

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Food is consistently excellent, staff are charming and helpful without being intrusive, and the atmosphere is cosily stylish. It's not especially expensive and definitely very good value for money. One of my all-time favourite restaurants anywhere.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had dinner here last week, the menu includes really good dishes and the mains feature a variety of meat and pasta. Worth trying the salad starter and the duck!
The food quality and service are definitely excellent and you pay for these, main courses vary from £15 to £25. The menu indicates an optional 12,5% service charge which is added to the bill together with £1.50 cover per person.
Will surely go again but only for special events to celebrate.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I ate dinner yesterday in this friendly bistro near to Victoria station with four friends. It is set on two floors with simple wooden tables that are close together enough for an atmosphere but not so much that you can't talk. The place was quite busy for a Wednesday night, but the staff were welcoming and attentive and we soon got seated with a very nice bottle of red wine. The menu is very interesting with plenty of staples (like crab linguine or sirloin steak) and some house specialities (like pequillo peppers stuffed with cream cheese as a starter or roast suckling pig as a main). I ordered giant piri piri prawns to start and the suckling pig with spinach as my main. We took some thinly sliced Jamón for the table. My friends had the peppers and the pig also. One of us had fish. Our food was prompt, and hot. The prawns were succulent and half shelled, so I didn't need my fingers. The pig was slow roasted, it melted off the bone and the skin was crispy and very tasty. No room for desert but I finished very satisfied indeed. This is a great local restaurant a cut above the norm. If I lived locally I would definitely be here once a week. I recommend it...

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This place was recommended to me and my friend and I decided to try it out last night after work. It's not far from VIctoria station so really handy if you need to get home quickly after or if you want to eat somewhere before or after the theatre productions nearby.

The restaurant looks small but there is more seating upstairs. The staff were very helpful and friendly and gave us time to choose what we wanted - we didn't feel like we were rushed. The decor is stylish and the restaurant itself is very clean.

They have a great selection on both the food and wine menus. I had the baby squid to start with which was great, not rubbery and the batter was very light. For the main meal I ordered the crispy duck confit which was beautifully cooked and presented.

The dessert wine (not sure which one as I did not order) was fantastic. A really nice wine to finish off a wonderful evening.

I would come back here again but given it's a little pricey (although the food is good), I might have to wait a while before doing so. Lovely little restaurant though and is worth a visit if you're in the area.