The Bermondsey Square Hotel
$215
$159
Priceline
1,414 results
All reviewslondon bridgehot tublucy suitegreat view of the shardminute walkrain showercomfortable bedrestaurants and barssouth banklovely hotelboutique hotelreception staffwalk in showertube stationa lovely stayshower headweekend break
Reviewed November 11, 2010

First off, i would never stay in this area again -- it was very nice, but we ended up having to take a cab everywhere because it was *just* far enough that we couldn't walk, and there was a tube strike + construction. So... cabs got really expensive really fast.

Check-in was efficient and friendly, the Square that the hotel's located in is a very interesting dynamic -- apartments, grocery store, cafe, etc.

The room was a good size and nice layout, but bare minimum. No bathtub; the toiletries were just laying about in the bathroom -- not even a basket or container to hold them; the TV was not very intuitive -- you couldn't tell what was on, the channels were limited, the tv would freeze and you'd have to unplug and restart it (it was a Mac, actually); the carpet had suspect looking stains on it, quite close to the bed if you know what i mean. I'm just saying -- they describe it as bespoke... it is not bespoke. It's acceptable. Not good or bad. Just average.

ALSO, main thing is, for the same price i've stayed in amazing boutique hotels in FABULOUS areas like Marylebone and Mayfair. I thought it would be fun to stay in a more hip, creative area. Nah. Next time i'll be back in Mayfair in total luxury in the heart of things for the same price.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RelationshipGeorge
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I stayed for only one night but wish i could have stayed longer! My partner and i were on a visit to the city as we wanted to escape the silence of the country-side! I had emailed the hotel a few days before to ask if we were able to leave our luggage with them on the morning of check in and i had a quick reply from reception saying no problem at all! When we did check in, the staff were friendly and gave us all the info we needed regarding the hotel & restaurant. When we got into our room everything was very clean, very tidy & very modern! My only tiny niggle is that the 'drench shower' didn't have much water pressure when in use which was a shame but no big deal. We decided to eat in 'Alfies Restaurant', the service was exceptional, the food looked perfect and tasted perfect nothing to complain about at all! Overall a great stay and will defiately return again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2010

My daughter and I stayed with our 2 dogs for 1 night. Not being used to hotels we didn't know what to expect. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We had room service and the set menu was lovely as was breakfast the following morning. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious - plenty of room for our large dog cage. The room was lovely and cool, perfect for the dogs who both settled really well.

Our ONLY gripe was there was no mirror apart from the one in the bathroom which made hairdrying and make up difficult. Also it was difficult to fill the kettle from the very small hand basin.

Location was good for the dogs as there was plenty of green spaces and plenty of dog bins. The whole area is very dog friendly.

All in all it was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed at the Bermondsey Square Hotel for 4 nights/5 days and the Hotel was everything I hoped for if not more. The hotel was exactly as it appears in every photo; it was clean, it was safe and the staff was very professional, helpful and nice. Upon check in, I arrived early and they were able to check me in 4 hours early (thankfully because I needed a nap from my red eye flight). Also, the front desk girl asked if I had a converter and when I showed her what I had, it was the wrong one and she kindly provided me one to use (at no charge) for my entire stay. I had the continental breakfast each morning at Alfie's and it was perfect (decent continental selection, but you can order full breakfast if you wish). The daily cleaning staff was beyond efficient (she wrapped the cord to the blow drier everyday) and made sure my room was in tip top shape. The distance from the tube (London Bridge) was a little further than I would like, but once you are out for the day, you return to the hotel once or twice per day and only have to make the long walk a couple times. The community in Bermondsey Square is fantastic; they had a screening of "The Nightmare before Christmas" for Halloween in the square and the Sainsbury market across the way makes snacks and treats convenient and the antiques flea market on Fridays in the square is not to be missed. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay with Bermondsey Square Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Accommodating staff, great location and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends