The Old Ship Inn
$387
$203
$184
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$119
$215
$159
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewshackney empirecreaky floorboardsoverground stationbed and breakfastlovely roomstayed here for two nightsfull englishpleasant staydouble bednoisehipsterhairdryerearplugsshampootheatrepubs
Reviewed April 4, 2013

When you arrived the hotel you got a pint before cheek inn,makes me feel werry welcome to stay.
I found my room werry cleen and tasteful.
Even a hairdryer and free shampoo and ++ thats not ofthen you get for a low cost.

The restaurant looks great with and old tuch of english history mixed with a new lounge style.
I like it!
The food was great i had coq au vin and a bottle of shiraz and all of it for a reasonable cost :)

Had a few pints in the bar after dinner and the atmosphere was great :)
it shure was a late night out :)

Breakfast was great,with all i wanted alot of jams and egg sausages and te and coffe + french waffels and english muffins :)

i Love to come back and i will so i hope to se you soon, and i bring a friend next time

Love xx

Room Tip: Its a pigeon family outside of room 7 you may be avare of that.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gunhild84
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while on business in Hackney. A free beer on checkin was most surprising and very welcome. Off to a great start. The whole Inn has a boutique feel to it with great decor. Stairs were narrow and windy, a no-go for the elderly. Room small but comfortable and warm. Loose tea is another nice touch with all the accoutrements that go along with it - no coffee though. Ensuite also small but contemporary and spotlessly clean. Food in the Bar is limited to a Tapas type menu with a local twist (fish fingers for example, nicer than they sound) but the restaurant was excellent. A very nice bar with a local pub feel to it, and plenty of cask ales for the beer lover.

Overall this place excellent, however I do have one gripe, one I feel the management needs to address urgently : creaky floorboards. I can see why this place is called the old ship as it creeks and groans like an old galleon changing tack. I stayed in room 6 which had several loose noisy floorboards under the carpet. Not just a small creak, but a loud booming crack which made stepping around the room unpleasant. Worse again, the floorboards in the corridor creaked, so every time someone walked past, huge creak. Worse still, the room above me had the same problem and whenever the guest upstairs walked around the room it creaked and groaned enough to keep me awake, and wake me early. Not good enough really and it takes the sheen off an otherwise excellent, well run establishment. Were the floorboards addressed, I would g

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the top floor to avoid floorboards creaking above you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The room was clean but nothing else was to my liking, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The single room was not big enough to swing a cat and the noise from the creaking floors was really annoying, so I did not sleep much. You could also hear other sounds from the adjoining rooms. The shower takes approximately 5mins after turning on to get hot water, so I had a cold and hot shower the first time. There is tea in the room but no coffee, and as I drink coffee I had to go without a hot drink. The free bottle of water on the window sill was warm yuk!! The gym is a 3min walk from the hotel and you will need a padlock for the changing room. Didn't eat in the hotel so cannot comment on that, breakfast was served from 7.30am, which was too late for me so I had to buy breakfast elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2013

All I can say is how can they do it for the money. The rooms are very clean, of a reasonable size (larger than some 4 star hotels in London) with good food and friendly staff.

I was told there has been a bigger emphasis on local produce and as a regular business traveller to London, I can confirm the Old Ship offered a better breakfast than the big chains charging twice the price. Really good sausages (how often can you say that in hotels) and what looked like home cooked scones and muffins.

Of course, they had me at the offer of a free beer at registration.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here overnight to attend an evening course held locally. What a great little place....we entered via the passage way from main street which was fresh and clean (see previous review) and the pub was lovely, well decorated and cosy. The staff took our bags despite being 11 am so I was free to explore London in comfort...was given complementary drinks when returning to check in and enjoyed a lovely vibe whilst waiting...room 5 was compact but extreamly well designed to offer everything you needed for a breif tip, very good bathroom, but just in need of a minor touchup (general wear and tear)
Would have eaten in the evening but their was a party, which was quite noisy however noise didn't carry to the rooms and buisness is buisness in these economic times.
There were some hitches but it was how these were addressed and resolved by extreamly good staff which made the difference ...wish there were more urban inns because I would always hope to find such good places to stay at their reasonable price

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo