The room was clean but nothing else was to my liking, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The single room was not big enough to swing a cat and the noise from the creaking floors was really annoying, so I did not sleep much. You could also hear other sounds from the adjoining rooms. The shower takes approximately 5mins after turning on to get hot water, so I had a cold and hot shower the first time. There is tea in the room but no coffee, and as I drink coffee I had to go without a hot drink. The free bottle of water on the window sill was warm yuk!! The gym is a 3min walk from the hotel and you will need a padlock for the changing room. Didn't eat in the hotel so cannot comment on that, breakfast was served from 7.30am, which was too late for me so I had to buy breakfast elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Above is our ten bedroom hotel A stylish British inn set above a pub in East London's trendy Hackney neighbourhood. ROOMS All rooms have free WiFi and are ensuite. There are complimentary tea and coffee making facilities in all rooms. There is also an option to add a cooked breakfast to your stay. Accommodation has 24 hour access with the bar opening until 1am on weekends. Downstairs you can grab 241 burgers on Mondays and Tuesdays and we have an excellent range of craft beers and ales. TRANSPORTATION Getting here couldn't be easier with Hackney Central a 2 minute walk away. From there, you can catch trains to Stratford (Westfield shopping centre) and Dalston Kingsland in around 10 minutes. If you want to venture further into Central London you can do so by heading to Highbury & Islington to switch on to the Victoria Line which goes straight into Soho. Alternatively, you can hop on the 55 bus to Oxford Circus via Shoreditch. London Fields station is also around a 5 minute walk away and takes you straight into Liverpool Street (The City). AROUND US Daytime The ongoing developments in Hackney Walk provides the opportunity to visit a number of designer outlets less than 5 minutes walk away. Shops that can be found there include Burberry, Nike, Aquascutum & Pringle with many more on the way. Locally, there is an abundance of small shops and restaurants all within short walking distance — in particular we recommend heading to Broadway Market, which has a varied selection of boutique cafes, restaurants, pubs/bars, as well as the renowned Food market on Saturdays. Take a picturesque stroll through London Fields Park on your way to this local gem. If your stay falls on a Sunday morning there is also the ever-popular Columbia Road flower market. Here you can find a global range of flowers and plants as well as vintage shops for furniture and clothes. Fancy a stroll through one of London's biggest Park? Head further East towards Victoria Park and enjoy a picturesque stroll. Here you can rent pedalos and there's plenty of room for sports activities. The area also hosts the annual Lovebox, Field Day and Citadel music festivals in the summer and Winterville in the months leading up to Christmas. Nightlife Looking for a lively late night bar, trendy speakeasy or perhaps you want to experience a club until the early hours? East London nightlife can cater for all needs. Hackney contains a number of venues with DJs and live music running in to the early hours. Dalston has a larger selection of restaurants, bars and clubs and is a quick 10 minute train journey, or 15 minutes on the bus. Bethnal Green Road (train and bus, 15min), Shoreditch/Old Street (train, 20min; bus, 25min) and Angel (train, 30min; bus, 40min) all have a great selection of pubs, eateries and vibrant nightlife on offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Old Ship Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ship Hotel London
- The Old Ship Inn London, England