Didn't expect much for the price and location, but this gorgeous Inn was homely and yet contemporary. The staff treated me and my boyfriend with the best service we could have imagined. They were friendly and welcoming and just couldn't have been nicer. The room was quite small, but had everything you could want from a short stay. Nice bathroom, nice bed, It was clean, comfy, well designed and modern. They happily served us in the bar throughout the night and we felt really at home. Would highly recommend.
Thumbs up from us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Above is our ten bedroom hotel A stylish British inn set above a pub in East London's trendy Hackney neighbourhood. ROOMS All rooms have free WiFi and are ensuite. There are complimentary tea and coffee making facilities in all rooms. There is also an option to add a cooked breakfast to your stay. Accommodation has 24 hour access with the bar opening until 1am on weekends. Downstairs you can grab 241 burgers on Mondays and Tuesdays and we have an excellent range of craft beers and ales. TRANSPORTATION Getting here couldn't be easier with Hackney Central a 2 minute walk away. From there, you can catch trains to Stratford (Westfield shopping centre) and Dalston Kingsland in around 10 minutes. If you want to venture further into Central London you can do so by heading to Highbury & Islington to switch on to the Victoria Line which goes straight into Soho. Alternatively, you can hop on the 55 bus to Oxford Circus via Shoreditch. London Fields station is also around a 5 minute walk away and takes you straight into Liverpool Street (The City). AROUND US Daytime The ongoing developments in Hackney Walk provides the opportunity to visit a number of designer outlets less than 5 minutes walk away. Shops that can be found there include Burberry, Nike, Aquascutum & Pringle with many more on the way. Locally, there is an abundance of small shops and restaurants all within short walking distance — in particular we recommend heading to Broadway Market, which has a varied selection of boutique cafes, restaurants, pubs/bars, as well as the renowned Food market on Saturdays. Take a picturesque stroll through London Fields Park on your way to this local gem. If your stay falls on a Sunday morning there is also the ever-popular Columbia Road flower market. Here you can find a global range of flowers and plants as well as vintage shops for furniture and clothes. Fancy a stroll through one of London's biggest Park? Head further East towards Victoria Park and enjoy a picturesque stroll. Here you can rent pedalos and there's plenty of room for sports activities. The area also hosts the annual Lovebox, Field Day and Citadel music festivals in the summer and Winterville in the months leading up to Christmas. Nightlife Looking for a lively late night bar, trendy speakeasy or perhaps you want to experience a club until the early hours? East London nightlife can cater for all needs. Hackney contains a number of venues with DJs and live music running in to the early hours. Dalston has a larger selection of restaurants, bars and clubs and is a quick 10 minute train journey, or 15 minutes on the bus. Bethnal Green Road (train and bus, 15min), Shoreditch/Old Street (train, 20min; bus, 25min) and Angel (train, 30min; bus, 40min) all have a great selection of pubs, eateries and vibrant nightlife on offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Old Ship Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Ship Hotel London
- The Old Ship Inn London, England