“Honest London pub”

Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We've gone to this pub just to feel a typical London pub atmosphere and this is a great place to go for it. Right next to the Trafalgar Square in the Whitehall, many nice ales and beers. Do not expect this to be something amazing for families or for a romantic evening. This is a true pub! Go here for a beer or a cider and you will be satisfied.

1  Thank zvav

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Excellent food, service and atmosphere, and friendly staff. I recommend the fish and chips. Will definitely return.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I travel to London quite often but was 1st time I went to this pub, and it won't be the last.
Food was great, served quite fast(pub was full). Waiter was very efficient. I have chosen a pint of London pride and was spot on. My mrs had a glass of Shiraz with her steak and ale pie and she loved it.
Will definitely return.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were wondering around late on a Saturday when we stopped into The Silver Cross for a late meal. We order just before the kitchen closed and received our food a few minutes later. My meat pie was completely frozen solid. It was as if they had pulled it directly from the freezer to put on a plate. Because the kitchen had closed, I was stuck eating frozen food. My husband's fish and chips managed to be burnt and cold all at the same time. To make matters worse, this place was easily the most expensive pub we patroned. If you're visiting London, don't fall victim to this tourist trap. There are much better pubs to enjoy if you venture away from the main tourist attractions.

1  Thank Katya B
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Silver Cross, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Katya B

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Silver Cross in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Taylor Walker

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Fell in here as hungry and thirsty, and it didn't look too crowded. Poor food served luke warm, long waits for everything and seem to be running a Spanish youth club in the basement. Sure Taylor-Walker could do better in this prime location.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Silver Cross, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear ComplexCharacterC

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

Kind regards