“Bangers & Mash!”

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This pub was located close to our hotel, The Grand at Trafalgar The bangers and mash were quite tasty! Good selection of beers. Nice staff.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Went in here for lunch on Saturday went in about 11:30 to miss the lunch time rush with our children. It was cool and quiet the menu looked yummy and reasonably priced for London I thought. We ordered burger, fish and chips and a tuna sarnie with some onion rings. Food arrived in good time and was well cooked I would especially recommend the fish and chips and the onion rings which were all freshly cooked and not onion mush either real onions. We timed it well as our food arrived people started pouring in so we missed the rush which was our plan. Food was great and well priced would defiantly go again.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very cool atmosphere, the pub has a beautiful decoration all in red, a good place to meet the english in their own environment.We had supper there, a good meal.
We loved the pub and recommend it.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for food during a break in London. Advertises as Family friendly....so why no kids menu? Or half portion sizes available?? Asked and was looked at like I had horns!! 6 year olds can only eat a certain amount & to charge £10 for a full portion to waste half is a bit OTT!!
Chose this place over Wetherspoons on opposite side of road as it looked more family friendly, and menu better...no kids options lets it down.
Ate as we were in need of food. Hubby said fish was delic, scampi good. Would go back but not till they sort a kids menu & hire staff more customer friendly.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been here many times for a drink and in fairness the place is adequate for that purpose. I take on board some other comments regarding drink prices ( I feel they are about the norm given the area) and the staff ( yes some are surly and indifferent - others are very efficient and polite , again rather typical of the area).

But the food.... Oh dear it really is dreadful. My wife travelled down to London with me recently. I had told her I knew a great place for a drink and she was happy to come here.
We were both really quite hungry and I ordered The Cod Father and my wife a Vegetarian burger of some sort.

Let me make it perfectly clear we enjoy `pub grub` but the standard of food we were served here was a disgrace. Frankly I was embarrassed I had even suggested The Silver Cross to my wife.

My Fish and chips meal was at best lukewarm and the peas and curry had obviously been hanging around for a while as a rather unappealing skin had formed on the top of them.Urgh!

The burger was dry and tasteless and the quantity of chips was poor to put it politely.

I guess there may be a bit of a couldnt care less attitude regarding food quality as most of the customers will be simply passing through.

For myself however it used to be a regular haunt for a quick pint and may well still be but as for the food never again I am afraid.

5  Thank Bob1998
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Silver Cross, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Bob1998

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate these concerns further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards