“Spontaneous visit”

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Having travelled to west London as a Christmas present from my girlfriend, on the Saturday night we decided to go to shepherds bush an find somewhere to eat and go for a drink. Came across tatra on google an thought we would give it a go and never tried a polish restaurant before. Was really happy the choice after the meal, as service, meal and the vodka selection (try the blackcurrant an strawberry) were flawless! Definitely worth a visit even just for the vodka

3  Thank kirker4
There are newer reviews for Tatra

Reviewed January 5, 2014

One of my favorite polish restaurants in London, friendly atmosphere, serving fresh homemade food and flavored vodka such as blackcurrant, lemon grass or horseradish, great to warm you up in the winter. Always tasty food cooked with heart. Will definitely come back.

3  Thank Michal M
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We went here as a birthday meal out for one of our friends who lived in ealing. we were stuck on what to eat so my partner suggested polish, as there were alot of restaurants in the area. the fact that he is polish i think swayed the decision but it was a good one.!!

the restaurant itself is small-medium sized with both style seating and regular tables, the atmosphere was lovely and had a modern feel to it.

the food selection was ok. there was plenty to choose from including daily specials. i personally think if there were anymore choice it would be a bit overwhelming,

I had the goats cheese to start which was lovely - beautifully presented on a bed of salad leaves with a pesto and balsamic dressing. extremely delicious. My partner had the Veal dumplings which he said were very tasty and again presented well.

The mains were huge in portion size. we did have to wait a while for the mains to come out but we were informed of this prior to ordering. my partner ordered the pork which took a while to prepare. we were all more than happy as the ambiance was nice to just sit a chat, I had the goulash with potato pancake. this was huge and very tasty. one of my friends ordered the duck which again was huge and tasty. again all dishes were very well presented.

we all only had soft drinks as two were driving and we felt it was mean to drink and watch the others order diet cokes. however there was a huge variety of alcoholic beverages to choose from as one of the restaurants specialties was homemade flavoured vodkas. im sure these would be a perfect addition to your evening.

over all for the 4 of us - all having three courses and soft drinks cost £142.50. sounds alot but the amount of food you get you wont need to eat for the rest of the week.

so if your in the area, pop in and treat yourself to something different. you wont be disappointed.

4  Thank funkylondoner
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Menu - nothing special very simple dishes you can get this in most of the polish restaurant for less money. First time in my life someone charged me for cake which I brought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other places they are more than happy to serve cake without charging people!!!!!!!
Ł2.00 per person is quiet a lot especially when we were big group of people!!!!!!

Restaurant not busy at all!!!!

In XXI century they are using calculator, pen and paper to give bill for big group of people!!!!!

Highly NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Eniko445
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We visited Tatra as we were going to a concert at the Empire and are very glad we did! Couldn't decide on starters so had three between two of us - little veal and pork dumplings (delicious!), marinated herring (also delicious) and goats cheese (my other half's choice but very good!). We then had goulash (him) and pierogi (me) with a side order of bread and home-made lard - you've got to try it! All this lovely food was interspersed with shots of various vodkas and I can highly recommend the chili and the pear although all were equally good. Felt very welcome and had excellent service with a surprise birthday cheesecake for pudding despite this being our first time in the restaurant. It was a fantastic evening and we will definitely be back.

1  Thank LesleyandNeil