“Poor food, what more can one say”
Review of The Boundary Restaurant - CLOSED

The Boundary Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Had a business lunch with two collegues on the roof top in February 2014.

£200 for three of us, pricey and poor food. Avoid the seafood platter at £42.

Michael R, General Manager at The Boundary Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Sorry to read you had a disappointing business lunch for three at the Roof Top venue in Boundary. I am challenged by some of your comments as the seafood platter is one of our best sellers. I will look into the matter though. Hopefully you will try use again in Summer when the Roof Top really comes into its own .

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was a completely unexpected treat, eating downstairs in the basement restaurant. Walking down I expected a typical, edgy, Shoreditch restaurant, but the space is enormous, the tables spaced well apart and the glass-walled kitchen a delight to watch.
The food was quite excellent. I started with seared scallops while my girlfriend had the caviar and blinis. All the dishes were beautifully cooked and presented. My main was a tender beef fillet with a fluffy, creamy, side of mash, while my friend had the Lobster Thermidor. The wine-list was excellent and the staff, friendly and helpful. The whole experience made for a fantastic evening and I would definitely eat here again. It was expensive, but you certainly get what you pay for at the Boundary.

Thank you for such a sterling review, we are delighted that you enjoyed the experience and are coming back again.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is a brasserie for the funky and arty, nothing else. It suited me perfect as I wanted great food, served in a simple manner without fuzz. Left with a feeling that can't wait to come back and try the restaurant upstairs.

Thanks for the great Albion review Christian, so glad the guys and gals looked after you and that you are coming back to try the Roof Top.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I never write food reviews but this time I though it was necessary. I went to the Boundary restaurant yesterday evening as a birthday treat from my boyfriend. It was the second time I have been and it was just perfect.

The quality of food in terms of the taste, texture and aromas was spot on. I had the Butternut Squash soup which is the best I have ever tasted in my life and my boyfriend had the Charcuterie which was incredible. We both had the duck for main and it was gorgeous. The creme brulee is one of the best I have ever tried for dessert. Such great value for what we got and have no qualms about recommending to friends.

The staff are attentive but have the perfect balance of not being overly so.

Great dining experience. Will be back without a doubt.

We are so pleased you have written the review Alison and we are really looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Booked a Sunday lunch after a friends recommendation . So glad we went. The restaurant was in a basement and as we went down the stairs I wondered what we would find! It was an attractive comfortable room and I liked having the busy kitchen open to see. The staff were attentive staff and obviously well trained. Our food was delicious and there was plenty on the set price lunch menu that I could have chosen. Would happily go again.

1  Thank Rupert29

Glad your friends recommended us Rupert and pleased we did not disappoint. The Sunday lunch is great value and really becoming a must do for both locals and visitors. Hope to see you again soon.