“Great brasserie food in the Albion.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Boundary Restaurant - CLOSED

The Boundary Restaurant
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
London, United Kingdom
“Great brasserie food in the Albion.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is a brasserie for the funky and arty, nothing else. It suited me perfect as I wanted great food, served in a simple manner without fuzz. Left with a feeling that can't wait to come back and try the restaurant upstairs.

• Visited February 2014
Michael R, General Manager at The Boundary Restaurant, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thanks for the great Albion review Christian, so glad the guys and gals looked after you and that you are coming back to try the Roof Top.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Impeccable dining experience. Sensational food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I never write food reviews but this time I though it was necessary. I went to the Boundary restaurant yesterday evening as a birthday treat from my boyfriend. It was the second time I have been and it was just perfect.

The quality of food in terms of the taste, texture and aromas was spot on. I had the Butternut Squash soup which is the best I have ever tasted in my life and my boyfriend had the Charcuterie which was incredible. We both had the duck for main and it was gorgeous. The creme brulee is one of the best I have ever tried for dessert. Such great value for what we got and have no qualms about recommending to friends.

The staff are attentive but have the perfect balance of not being overly so.

Great dining experience. Will be back without a doubt.

• Visited February 2014
We are so pleased you have written the review Alison and we are really looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Booked a Sunday lunch after a friends recommendation . So glad we went. The restaurant was in a basement and as we went down the stairs I wondered what we would find! It was an attractive comfortable room and I liked having the busy kitchen open to see. The staff were attentive staff and obviously well trained. Our food was delicious and there was plenty on the set price lunch menu that I could have chosen. Would happily go again.

1 Thank Rupert29
Glad your friends recommended us Rupert and pleased we did not disappoint. The Sunday lunch is great value and really becoming a must do for both locals and visitors. Hope to see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
“avoid the food- go for drinks and enjoy the lovely rooftop terrace”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

lovely terrace to sit outside in summer- but rubbish food--ordered the Mediterranean hors d'oeuvre for 17£ , which was ridiculously expensive for what it was. my two friends shared a seafood platter which was not as fresh as it should have been- overall lovely place and great location but bad food

• Visited January 2014
Disappointed to read you did not rate the food at the Roof Top, we are getting quite a reputation for food excellence there. Hope to see you back again so we can change your mind about the food and glad that overall we are a lovely place with a great location.
London UK
“Great food in an unusual venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Had dinner at the Boundary with a few friends and loved it. It's in a subterranean cellar, creating a kind of 'bubble' atmosphere. But if you want something different it's fun. The food was very good when we were there and the staff friendly and attentive, without being overbearing. Apparently they do a fantastic Sunday lunch, and I plan returning for an indulgent family Sunday after going to Columbia road market some time.
Boundary is not cheap, but it's great for an occasion and I imagine wonderful for a romantic tryst - given all the dark little corners. Alas, that was not my visit, but will bear it in mind, should the opportunity arise.
I'd also love to go to the rooftop bar, but will wait until it's a bit warmer - even though they have heaters up there.

• Visited March 2013
Hey Susan, thank you for such a great review, we are delighted you enjoyed the Boundary restaurant and you are right it is the place to be for Sunday lunch. The Roof Top rocks all year round but in Summer it is particularly fun. Hurry back.