“Impeccable dining experience. Sensational food.”
Review of The Boundary Restaurant - CLOSED

The Boundary Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I never write food reviews but this time I though it was necessary. I went to the Boundary restaurant yesterday evening as a birthday treat from my boyfriend. It was the second time I have been and it was just perfect.

The quality of food in terms of the taste, texture and aromas was spot on. I had the Butternut Squash soup which is the best I have ever tasted in my life and my boyfriend had the Charcuterie which was incredible. We both had the duck for main and it was gorgeous. The creme brulee is one of the best I have ever tried for dessert. Such great value for what we got and have no qualms about recommending to friends.

The staff are attentive but have the perfect balance of not being overly so.

Great dining experience. Will be back without a doubt.

Michael R, General Manager at The Boundary Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

We are so pleased you have written the review Alison and we are really looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Booked a Sunday lunch after a friends recommendation . So glad we went. The restaurant was in a basement and as we went down the stairs I wondered what we would find! It was an attractive comfortable room and I liked having the busy kitchen open to see. The staff were attentive staff and obviously well trained. Our food was delicious and there was plenty on the set price lunch menu that I could have chosen. Would happily go again.

1  Thank Rupert29

Glad your friends recommended us Rupert and pleased we did not disappoint. The Sunday lunch is great value and really becoming a must do for both locals and visitors. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

lovely terrace to sit outside in summer- but rubbish food--ordered the Mediterranean hors d'oeuvre for 17£ , which was ridiculously expensive for what it was. my two friends shared a seafood platter which was not as fresh as it should have been- overall lovely place and great location but bad food

Disappointed to read you did not rate the food at the Roof Top, we are getting quite a reputation for food excellence there. Hope to see you back again so we can change your mind about the food and glad that overall we are a lovely place with a great location.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Had dinner at the Boundary with a few friends and loved it. It's in a subterranean cellar, creating a kind of 'bubble' atmosphere. But if you want something different it's fun. The food was very good when we were there and the staff friendly and attentive, without being overbearing. Apparently they do a fantastic Sunday lunch, and I plan returning for an indulgent family Sunday after going to Columbia road market some time.
Boundary is not cheap, but it's great for an occasion and I imagine wonderful for a romantic tryst - given all the dark little corners. Alas, that was not my visit, but will bear it in mind, should the opportunity arise.
I'd also love to go to the rooftop bar, but will wait until it's a bit warmer - even though they have heaters up there.

Hey Susan, thank you for such a great review, we are delighted you enjoyed the Boundary restaurant and you are right it is the place to be for Sunday lunch. The Roof Top rocks all year round but in Summer it is particularly fun. Hurry back.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is modern yet refined. The chef is amazing to watch through the glass open kitchen. The dishes are over the top in execution (visually and taste). Our martinis were done perfectly too!
Make a reservation and request a table in which you can see the kitchen.

1  Thank discerntraveller

A discerning traveler indeed! Thank you so much for the review and I absolutely agree it is great to watch the Chefs at work. Glad you enjoyed the martinis too.