“Very good food, excellent wine list”
Review of The Boundary Restaurant - CLOSED

The Boundary Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Reviewed October 11, 2013

These guys know what they're doing: the food was impressive and the wine list was excellent. I really recommend this place; there are lots of 'samy' restaurants in London, but this sticks out. Drink on the roof terrace before dinner down stairs was a perfect evening.

Michael R, General Manager at The Boundary Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you Alex, I am pleased you enjoyed the pre-dinner drinks on the Roof Top before joining us for dinner at the Boundary. We like the wine list too!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had a dinner there with my friends a few months ago. We didnt have a booking, as we usually never plan our trips. The restaurant downstairs was pretty full (it's quite a beautiful place), and we were sat by the bar while awaiting for a free table. The extraordinary barman offered us to try pretty much ALL OF THE REDS FROM A WINE LIST, while sitting at the bar, so we were having best time ever tasting and chatting away. Within half an hour we were offered a table, and by that time were already super positive - the food didnt disappoint. Starters were huge (I got french type of rilles etc), and the duck I had for mains was absolutely delicious - melting in my mouth. I am quite a fun of ducks so often have them everywhere, but this one is still in my memory. Beautiful dinner, and really cool experience. Paid about 160£ including desserts and wine, but considering we had a lot of excellent wine that night it is absolutely nothing. Loved it.

Thank you for such a resoundingly positive review, I am glad the team looked after you so well and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have reviewed The Boundary Restaurant before and wanted to reiterate how good it is having now had the chance to eat here again.

Everything about it was again very good. The pace of the service, the taste of the food and the sommelier service all contributed to a lovely evening with friends in an edgy location.

My squid starter was marginally disappointing in that it didn't seem that there was enough squid but my main course of fillet was exceptional and the citron tart to finish too was delicious.

I really enjoy the setting and décor of the restaurant. Its a little bit quirky and on the Monday night we visited, the restaurant wasn't full but still had a lively atmosphere.

Thank you David and so pleased that on this your second visit we did not disappoint. I will pass your feedback to the team and hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Rooftop situation was great, we were recieved well and the initial drinks were quick to be served.
Sadly the menu was quite boring!!!
We both shared the seafood platter which was acceptable and then had sea bream for main. The fish was well cooked but there were NO vegitables on the menu. We opted dor a tomato salad and a green salad which is exactly what we got.
I think they survive due to the rooftop.
Won't be going back.

Thank you for taking time to review the Roof Top and sorry to read you found the menu unimaginative and that will not be coming back. The menu changes seasonally so if you should change your mind....

Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you want a stylish place to eat al fresco, this is the place. However, be prepared to wait outside of the building even up to 1 hour in order to get a table. The rooftop really is gorgeous and staff extremely attentive - our waiter Sergio oozed friendliness and I was really impressed how he dealt with some very demanding and moody customers - nothing managed to break his smile and kindness. Food was nice but unfortunately not great. If you're after a sublime culinary experience this perhaps is not the place. I will be definitely returning, next time perhaps to check out a Sunday brunch.

Cheers Nina, thank you for the review, get here early to beat the queues and look forward to welcoming you back really soon.