“Simply fantastic steakhouse.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Goodman

Goodman
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 22,375 Restaurants in London
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Transit: Oxford circus tube station is within 1 minute walk
Description: Goodman is a uniquely British interpretation of a New York grill, offering the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic. Among the huge selection of meat we serve in our Mayfair restaurant is American USDA 'Prime' corn-fed beef, grain-fed Irish Angus, and various rare breeds from the Lake District. Every steak we serve from our extensive 'cut' list has been dry-aged on site - it's the best way to concentrate flavour - then we cook it over charcoal. To accompany your steak, we're proud of the American red wine collection we have amassed - we know it's the best way to complement red meat. Our Mayfair restaurant is located just off Regent Street.
Uppsala, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply fantastic steakhouse.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have a hair-brained theory that you can tell much of the quality of a restaurant by their toilet paper. Does the establishment's strive for customer satisfaction go all the way to the loo, so to speak. Before I got my meal, I visited the gent's room and was immediately assured. Beautiful toliets, clean, scented, best quality toilet paper I've used in all of London. High-quality soap and hand lotions were also available.

Now on to the meal. As we were in a bit of a rush, we only went for a main course.
My brother and I picked a 500g T-bone cut from the chalkboard, where you can find recommended cuts not in the menu. My mother had the 200g fillet from the ordinary menu.
Both were absolutely flawless.
The 200g fillet was easily in the top three meat dishes my mother has ever had in her 61 years of fine eating (she is a very accomplished cook).
The T-bones were amazing as well.

Althought hardly thought possible, the meat had tough competitions from the simply divine side orders. I can whole-heartedly recommend the truffle chips, soaked in genuine truffle oil. The 'Beef-dripping chips' was only in comparison a slight let-down, you get a special powdery beef fat salt to sprinkle them with.
We also tried the classic Garlic Mushrooms (awesome), and the rocket salad with parmesan (again a very high quality cheese was used). Even the complimentary bread served before anything else had a tears of joy-inducing focaccia dipped in olive oil that made my gluten intolerant mother eat her whole piece - even at the risk of severe stomach ache.

Service was also impeccable, speedy, knowledgeable and genuinely nice servers - we stuck a fiver to our waitress even though the service charge was added to our bill. Speaking of which, concidering what we got, the prices were also extremely reasonable. Not a smidgeon of overpricing here.

My only regret is that we had tickets to see the Book of Mormon, so we didn't have time to sample the starters or dessert.
We'll be back here for sure next time we're in London!

• Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Europe
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Picked the place at random, not expecting anything. To my great surprise this was a strike of luck - awesome food, good drinks and the service was one of the friendliest and most attentive I experienced in London.

Seattle, Washington
“Great Steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was a top tier steakhouse which I put as good or better than Ruth's Chris and Morton's. We went to the City location which was bustling and active sitting for the five of us. Our waiter was a nice fellow who was able to help us understand the subtle differences between USDA and the other offerings which as visitors from the U.S. was new to us. If your from the U.S., try the grass fed Irish/Scottish options. My 12-year old isn't a big steak eater loved the tastes and enjoyed what he said was the best burger he's ever had. Everything in London is expensive, and a high-end steakhouse in the city is no different. The wine selection was also wonderful. I had a nice red from South Africa.

1 Thank Kurt M
Dublin, Ireland
“The best steak in the world and its an experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Goodman set the bar so high, this is one of the top 50 Restaurants in London and I can see why. The staff are so attentive, the service is excellent and the food is to die for. The TIGER
PRAWN TEMPURA, AVOCADO,MANGO AND CAJUN MAYONNAISE is to die for as a starter and if you like french food try their PAN FRIED FOIE GRAS ROASTED FIG,OYSTER MUSHROOM, TRUFFLE HONEY ~ another superb starter now for the main liner ~ try the T Bone or the Bone in Rib eye ! you won't get better anywhere ! on the side have truffle chips (Yummm) and the Mac and Cheese . . . you won't get better and value for the quality is superb I could not recommend this restaurant any higher if in London its a MUST

1 Thank Michael C
London, England, United Kingdom
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I took my boyfriend here for his birthday as he is a big steak fan and this came up as one of the best in London. I'm a huge fan of french food so their foie gras starter hit the spot for me too! The service was impeccable and everything we ate was delicious. I was prepared for it to be quite pricey but I definitely feel we got value for money, the flavour combinations were excellent and the portion sizes generous. I would thoroughly recommend it. Thank you Goodman for a wonderful dining experience for this special occasion :)

2 Thank Shannon H

Been to Goodman? Share your experiences!