“What a great resturant”
Review of Goodman

Goodman
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Transit: Oxford circus tube station is within 1 minute walk
Description: Goodman is a uniquely British interpretation of a New York grill, offering the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic. Among the huge selection of meat we serve in our Mayfair restaurant is American USDA 'Prime' corn-fed beef, grain-fed Irish Angus, and various rare breeds from the Lake District. Every steak we serve from our extensive 'cut' list has been dry-aged on site - it's the best way to concentrate flavour - then we cook it over charcoal. To accompany your steak, we're proud of the American red wine collection we have amassed - we know it's the best way to complement red meat. Our Mayfair restaurant is located just off Regent Street.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

If you are looking for a great steak, this is your place.
High quality meat + they know how to make it + great sauces + great side dishes.
You won't be disappointed.

On the criticism note -
The desert was only OK.
The food is not cheap, expect to pay ~50 gbp per person.
They automatically add 12.5% service

Bottom line - it was a great meal and I highly recommend it :)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Enjoyed dinner with husband and friends, great steak but not quite as good as Hawksmoor in my opinion. Service was good but I was disappointed by the limited cocktail menu.

1  Thank Anna J
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Excellent service! I had the 250g grass fed sirloin and my husband had the 400g Goodman rib eye, both were cooked perfectly!!! We split 3 sides, mashed potatoes (were a little bland), green beans, and the macaroni and cheese. For dessert we had the cookie sundae and doughnuts. We had a great meal, my husband also tried 3 different types of whiskey. Highly recommend this restaurant. We actually went because we had seen it on a travel channel show.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was really the best steakhouse I have experienced. My two daughters took my wife and me there to celebrate my 70th birthday. A reserved table on a Saturday night. Service was excellent. Our waiter took time to explain the different cuts of meat and brought examples to our table. The choice was very extensive but the very patient waiter finally got our orders! The meat was superb, cooked exactly right. Although a busy night and our party (six of us) all having different cuts, we were all served at the same time - very professional. With a large choice of excellent wines to accompany our main course, it was a great evening.Was it expensive? You bet it must have been!! Would I go again? You bet I would!!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Second time at Goodman and it was as superb as the first. Great service from really friendly helpful staff especially Jess who looked after us and made my wife’s birthday dinner special .It has to be the best steak we have ever eaten. There is a terrific choice of varying selections of steak and they bring a platter to your table to show you the different cuts of meat we will definitely be back again on our next visit to London