“Brilliant meal”
Review of Goodman

Goodman
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Transit: Oxford circus tube station is within 1 minute walk
Description: Goodman is a uniquely British interpretation of a New York grill, offering the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic. Among the huge selection of meat we serve in our Mayfair restaurant is American USDA 'Prime' corn-fed beef, grain-fed Irish Angus, and various rare breeds from the Lake District. Every steak we serve from our extensive 'cut' list has been dry-aged on site - it's the best way to concentrate flavour - then we cook it over charcoal. To accompany your steak, we're proud of the American red wine collection we have amassed - we know it's the best way to complement red meat. Our Mayfair restaurant is located just off Regent Street.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fantastic food, good quality for the amount you get and pleasant staff!
Service is relaxed so do not expect to be in and out in an hour.
Lovely atmosphere and tables still arriving at 9pm on a Monday night!
Look forward to returning

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I would say that Goodman is a good place to not have to worry about options and just order what they have, steak. I sat at the bar since I went solo and the bartender was very sociable and friendly. I ordered the sirloin, a wedge salad, garlic mushrooms and the truffle parmesan mac & cheese. The wedge salad was expected, the garlic shrooms were fantastically sauteed, the truffle parmesan mac & cheese was so rich that I felt like I couldn't eat it all, but I did and it was fantastic. The sirloin was something I would get from not the best steak restaurant in my home town; it was tough and required much working of the knife. It was rather expensive for what I got, so I don't think I would go back for the steak again... but perhaps for that most delicious mac & cheese.

1  Thank Dachemezt
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I'd been looking forward to Goodmans as I'd heard from several people it served one of the best steaks in London. I went for the top-dollar fillet, but was very disappointed. While it would have been okay in any mid-range restaurant, it was far from special in terms of tenderness and taste. I definitely expected more given the price.
Otherwise, service was good and wine excellent.

1  Thank BA_83838
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, everthing was very good. My steak was well cooked and of a very high quality. The sides were delicious and we paired it all with a fabulous bottle of wine. Our waitress was knowledgeable and attentive.
But, I asked for medium rare and was recommended to have medium which then came very medium. The Stilton sauce was more red wine than cheese. I had know idea it was a red wine sauce with Stilton.
For just under £200 I feel that good or very good is just not enough.
Overall I felt that I got diminishing returns for my marginal gains.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was my third visit to Goodman. My experience in Goodman has always been great, and the service level is really perfect (thanks to the restaurant's manager, and waitress Magi :) ).

My wife has ordered a fillet steak, and after pouring the paper sauce, she discovered that it needs to be more cooked. With a big smile, they took the steak, and brought her another one. We had a great night, and everything was just perfect :)

1  Thank Loay_1