“Goodman's Steakhouse”
Review of Goodman

Goodman
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Transit: Oxford circus tube station is within 1 minute walk
Description: Goodman is a uniquely British interpretation of a New York grill, offering the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic. Among the huge selection of meat we serve in our Mayfair restaurant is American USDA 'Prime' corn-fed beef, grain-fed Irish Angus, and various rare breeds from the Lake District. Every steak we serve from our extensive 'cut' list has been dry-aged on site - it's the best way to concentrate flavour - then we cook it over charcoal. To accompany your steak, we're proud of the American red wine collection we have amassed - we know it's the best way to complement red meat. Our Mayfair restaurant is located just off Regent Street.
Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
“Goodman's Steakhouse”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Firstly, I must highlight that I was eating here with work colleagues and not paying for the meal myself. The feel of the restaurant is similar to a US steakhouse. Others on here have described how the ordering system works so I won't go through that. Our waiter was very good and looked after us well. Most of us had the lobster cocktail to start. This was outstanding. A generous, fresh, tasty portion of lobster came with salad and Japanese mayo on the side. A variety of steaks then came along for us. I had the large grass fed fillet, perfectly cooked (rare). All the steaks were cooked as ordered, one of my colleagues who had a bone in steak had asked for it to be cut, which they had forgotten to do and meant that he struggled to get some of the meat off. A variety of sides were shared. Salads, veg sides were all good. Chips were ok, except the thin beef dripping chips which got negative reviews. We shared a plate of cheese which had a good selection.The wine list is good, as you would expect more choice of red than white wines, though we had a very good NZ Sauvignon blanc as well as an Australian Pinot noir and some dessert wine. On the whole a good experience and great for groups rather than couples I would say. It's in Mayfair and the prices reflect that. The steak was very good, better than Gaucho's but I wouldn't say it was the best I'd ever had and I wouldn't have wanted to spend £45 of my own money on it. The lobster however was amongst the best I've ever had and worth every penny.

2 Thank Sarah B

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Love it! Beast steak ever!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I chose it because it was both recommended to me by a friend. If you're in London, want a good steak and dont mind spending good money for a good meal, then I can highly recommend Goodman.
The starters, sides and desserts are always tasty but it's really the steak that makes the meal set apart from other restaurants in London. It is simply the best steakhouse in London.

Visited April 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

A friend of ours (a native Londoner) recommended this restaurant while we were visiting London for the weekend, so we said "why not", and spent almost three hours of sheer delight: very friendly and welcoming staff, pleasant and relaxing atmosphere, excellent food - what more do you need?
We enjoyed every moment and every bite there, and were truly sorry to hear we couldn't come back for more because the place is closed on Sundays.
Hmmmm… the Truffle Chips, the Honey & Ginger glazed Carrots… and most of all, the amazing Steaks… FANTASTIC.
Can't wait to get there on my next vacation in England!

Gourock, Scotland
“Fantastic steak”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I ate here recently based on the reviews we had read. I must say I was not disappointed. To kick off we were given a brief lesson in the different cuts of steaks available which was not only educational but a nice touch. Suffice to say the starters were excellent and arrived quickly. It's the main course which was the star of the show. We both opted for corn fed US fillets which were amazing. I can't really think of a better steak I've had in the last 10 years or so. Not cheap but worth every penny. We also had the truffle chips, mash potatoes and green beans which were all excellent.

From start to finish the service was superb. Our drinks arrived very quickly indeed and the staff were very attentive throughout our visit. I asked for a quiet table as the reason for our trip to London was my wifes birthday. Even though I had made the booking on-line the staff had taken note and presented my wife with a pudding with a candle on top, which was on the house; a very nice touch indeed.

Overall I was impressed by the food and the service at Goodman and can highly recommend it.

London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced Steak House”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The meat is tasty but it is way overpriced as are the side dishes and the wine list is very expensive. Service so so. Not good value if spending your own money.