“Fantastic steak”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Transit: Oxford circus tube station is within 1 minute walk
Description: Goodman is a uniquely British interpretation of a New York grill, offering the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic. Among the huge selection of meat we serve in our Mayfair restaurant is American USDA 'Prime' corn-fed beef, grain-fed Irish Angus, and various rare breeds from the Lake District. Every steak we serve from our extensive 'cut' list has been dry-aged on site - it's the best way to concentrate flavour - then we cook it over charcoal. To accompany your steak, we're proud of the American red wine collection we have amassed - we know it's the best way to complement red meat. Our Mayfair restaurant is located just off Regent Street.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I ate here recently based on the reviews we had read. I must say I was not disappointed. To kick off we were given a brief lesson in the different cuts of steaks available which was not only educational but a nice touch. Suffice to say the starters were excellent and arrived quickly. It's the main course which was the star of the show. We both opted for corn fed US fillets which were amazing. I can't really think of a better steak I've had in the last 10 years or so. Not cheap but worth every penny. We also had the truffle chips, mash potatoes and green beans which were all excellent.

From start to finish the service was superb. Our drinks arrived very quickly indeed and the staff were very attentive throughout our visit. I asked for a quiet table as the reason for our trip to London was my wifes birthday. Even though I had made the booking on-line the staff had taken note and presented my wife with a pudding with a candle on top, which was on the house; a very nice touch indeed.

Overall I was impressed by the food and the service at Goodman and can highly recommend it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,050)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The meat is tasty but it is way overpriced as are the side dishes and the wine list is very expensive. Service so so. Not good value if spending your own money.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great service, great meat cooked exactly the way you want it, good wine great Bloody Mary. It doesn't get better than this! Consistent, month after month, we can call it establishment.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic meal!
I ordered the 400g rib-eye, medium rare, which was cooked perfectly whilst my girlfriend opted for the 300g New York sirloin,medium,which again was cooked just how she likes it.
The beef dripping chips were lovely and you also get some beef dripping salt which is very nice and just melts into the chips.
We had a fantastic American waiter who was very attentive, filling our water when walking past and generally making sure everything was okay.
We also ordered deserts however couldn't enjoy them as much as we would have liked as we were just so stuffed from our mains but the deserts were just too tempting too miss!
All in all a great experience and meal and although bill was over £100, definitely worth it for the quality and a pretty standard price for London.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Husband took me for a birthday treat in March this year. He had already been previously on his brother's stag do and I'm so happy he took me there for my birthday lunch!

We've both had great steaks in many great places, from London, Belgium elsewhere in the UK and in Dubai, and we can safely say that Goodman does one of the best steaks we've ever had. We both had the smallest of the fillets, him medium rare, me rare. Shared the chips and had green beans also. All the food was divine!
We shared a bottle of red and I do have to agree with some reviewers on here who say the wine is a little overpriced even for London, but I was satisfied at least for the price of £35, we got it served at the appropriate temperature.

The husband had neglected to tell them it was my birthday but did bring it up in conversation when I was deciding what to order for dessert, so when it came it had a candle in the top! A gorgeous glass of dessert wine later and I was stuffed....neither of us had to eat for the rest of the day! £120 for both of us for two mains, two sides, bottle of red, one pudding and a glass of dessert wine is a reasonable to high price tag for London, but worth it for a special occasion.

1  Thank HipVamp