“One of the best burgers I've ever eaten.”
Review of Goodman

Goodman
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Transit: Oxford circus tube station is within 1 minute walk
Description: Goodman is a uniquely British interpretation of a New York grill, offering the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic. Among the huge selection of meat we serve in our Mayfair restaurant is American USDA 'Prime' corn-fed beef, grain-fed Irish Angus, and various rare breeds from the Lake District. Every steak we serve from our extensive 'cut' list has been dry-aged on site - it's the best way to concentrate flavour - then we cook it over charcoal. To accompany your steak, we're proud of the American red wine collection we have amassed - we know it's the best way to complement red meat. Our Mayfair restaurant is located just off Regent Street.
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best burgers I've ever eaten.”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Went here with a friend for lunch.
We both ordered the burger with fries. My burger was cooked medium-rare and was perfect. Absolutely delicious. We were served 2 kinds of bread with butter to start with, the burger was quite large and with all this I struggled to finish but wasn't ever going to waste a bit of the burger - I left quite a few fries though. Not cheap at £15 a burger but well worth it.

Service was friendly, helpful and prompt.

Only negative was that it was a bit nippy in there - I think we were sitting to close to the A/C for my liking...nothing a jumper wouldn't fix :)

Highly recommend.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Steak? A great choice in the West End”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Having dined the previous evening at one of Goodman's competitors, a lunch at Goodman and more red meat appealed enormously: allowing me to weigh up the two restaurants. In terms of the non-food experience, Goodman was tighter per table, perfectly acceptable but not quite as luxurious as Hawksmoor (I'd heard that from others as well). Our waiter was immaculate, active but only when necessary and although a totally different approach compared with the previous evening did a great job. Front of house was less so. I don't think that's a blame on any individual, possibly under-capacity in terms of staff? Food? Superb, but having the opportunity to compare prices for fillet, noted that Goodman was a little dearer. Goodman Maddox Street is a very good restaurant, and in terms of lunch may have been a suitable venue. For dinner though, I would say less so - unless they reduce the covers.

Cheshire
“Customer Service???!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We arrived Goodman's just after 8pm for a prebooked table. The very rude front of house waitress announced that our booking was for 10pm and not 8 so they couldn't let us have a table? No compromise, no help offered and it was made clear that in her eyes we were at fault. All of this was delivered, by her in a loud voice, drawing attention to our group. Whether a mistake was made with the booking or not, the watiress was most rude and when I said I would never have made a booking for 10pm as we were with our two children, she, in front of rest of the restaurant, proceeded to try and force me to look at the booking on her computer screen. I don't doubt that the food it good - my husband has eaten here before - but there is something seriously wrong with the front of house staff - rude beyond belief and for that reason I could not recommend this place to anyone - shame!

3 Thank no1stargazer
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“One word - STUNNING!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

What can I say but just simply stunning. As soon as you walk through the door you are greeted by possibly the nicest staff I have ever met. They are constantly attentive and always ensuring you're having the best time possible going out of their way to look after your every need. The steak is just out of this world. Cooked to perfection and you can tell a lot of passion has gone into cooking it. The waitress wasn't over bearing and she was incredibly attentive noticing when drinks were low and making sure everything was how we wanted. She was very knowledgeable and knew about everything on the menu and helped us with every choice even telling us the secret to the truffle chips. Pudding was to die for. I had the honeycomb parfait with banana sorbet. It was just so well made and delicious. The perfect end to a fabulous meal. I would go back every day if I could. Just amazing!!!!!

Switzerland
“Excellent U.S. Steak in London”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Due to the excellent ratings we had seen about this restaurant, a group of nine of us decided to have dinner at Goodman. Here is a breakdown of our visit:
5*****: the meat was just fantastic; even the chicken eaters in our group raved about their dishes. Our waitress was very patient and helpful, not always easy with such a large group of mostly non-English speakers who needed extra help in understanding the menu.
4****: the service that Friday evening was quite slow. This may have been because we were such a large group, however.
2**: The noise level was quite high; the accoustics could use some improvement. Also, the creamed spinach was cold and not flavorful.
All in all, however, it was an excellent (if expensive) dining experience and I'm sure we'd all go back.

• Visited September 2012