“Excellent”
Review of Goodman

Goodman
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 23,214 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Transit: Oxford circus tube station is within 1 minute walk
Description: Goodman is a uniquely British interpretation of a New York grill, offering the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic. Among the huge selection of meat we serve in our Mayfair restaurant is American USDA 'Prime' corn-fed beef, grain-fed Irish Angus, and various rare breeds from the Lake District. Every steak we serve from our extensive 'cut' list has been dry-aged on site - it's the best way to concentrate flavour - then we cook it over charcoal. To accompany your steak, we're proud of the American red wine collection we have amassed - we know it's the best way to complement red meat. Our Mayfair restaurant is located just off Regent Street.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was taken to the Goodman Restaurant for my birthday 1 March 2013.
I was amazed with the good service and totally stuffed my face with the finger licking food.
I had a rib eye steak with truffle chips with creamy spinach, the waiter said that some of their clients come from far just to have the truffle chips. I said to my self "yeah right". My girlfriend and I shared a portion and before finishing those I had to order a second portion quick time they were beyond words I can tell you. As for the steak, that was too much for one person and perfectly done. My girlfriend had the steak fillet medium rare which she throughly enjoyed which was surprising as she does not normally eat steak or finish what's on her plate!
As for the desert, I had apple and pear crumble and ginger ice cream, I thought I wouldn't be able to eat another thing but to be fair I forced myself to finish it was so nice it couldn't be wasted, I asked for custard at first coz I wasn't to sure about the ginger ice cream but it was extraordinary.
I would recommend the Goodman Restaurant to anybody as long they can afford it.
Money well spent a very nice place to eat and chill out. 10/10

1  Thank Mark M
There are newer reviews for Goodman

Reviewed March 4, 2013

My partner took me too this Restaurant after a recent business lunch he had there. After his rave review I wondered if it could live up to the expectation; I was not disappointed. After checking how we like our steak cooked, he then recommended what was best to suit our taste. Normally I have Rib-Eye but he persuaded me to go for the Sirloin instead; which was cooked to perfection and was full of flavour. The Truffle chips are to die for, and I could not believe how wonderful a meal of Steak and Chips could be!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Visited on a Tuesday evening and the restaurant was almost full at 8pm, a good sign. We shared a Chateaubriand which was excellent as was the service and atmosphere.
The only thing that let it down were the chunky chips, undercooked and dry. Perhaps it was just a poor batch.
Would definitely go back when we are next in london.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I went here with a friend for a meal and I have been a few time before but I had forgot how good it is. The steak was awesome, the sides were amazing and the wine and service impeccable.

This is easily the best steak place in London at the moment.

1  Thank RussCityboy
Reviewed February 28, 2013

i have been to Goodman in Maddox street about five times. The steaks are the best i have ever tasted in London , and the chips are equally good. What is it about American meat that gives it such a rich taste? Maybe we have been eating horse in England for some time, unknowingly, but in truth the supermarkets don't hang their meat properly.
Goodman is packed with hearty heavy men devouring great pieces of meat, and glugging copious amounts of American wine It is not haute quisine, but by 'eck , it's delicious and the staff are vivacious and competent.