“Amazing!!!”
Review of Goodman

Goodman
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Transit: Oxford circus tube station is within 1 minute walk
Description: Goodman is a uniquely British interpretation of a New York grill, offering the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic. Among the huge selection of meat we serve in our Mayfair restaurant is American USDA 'Prime' corn-fed beef, grain-fed Irish Angus, and various rare breeds from the Lake District. Every steak we serve from our extensive 'cut' list has been dry-aged on site - it's the best way to concentrate flavour - then we cook it over charcoal. To accompany your steak, we're proud of the American red wine collection we have amassed - we know it's the best way to complement red meat. Our Mayfair restaurant is located just off Regent Street.
Reigate
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I can't say much other than this steak house is amazing and we shall definitely be back! Oh and best carrots ever!!

• Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fabulous!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Attended this restaurant recently and had a wonderful time. Personally, I prefer the setting in the City Goodman restaurant but I liked the layout here too...and the fact it was a little more intimate.

The steak was cooked to perfection as always. I suppose I am a person of habit and went for the American ribeye...AGAIN!

Tom, the head waiter, was excellent. I had 2 kids with me and he let them go downstairs to see their sundaes being made! Tom and the rest of the staff made us feel very welcome and relaxed. The Goodman chain should be proud they have these guys on board because they really know how to treat customers, provide a great service and deliver spectacular food.

Totally recommended.

Savona
“Good steak, high price”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I liked the atmosphere and the porterhouse steak was truly juicy. The steak was slightly burnt on the surface though, just one corner...but they could have done better honestly for 50 £....very limited beer choice (draft), while wines list seemed good. Nice overall, but not perfect for its price.

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Goodman just puts a smile on your face”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

A repeat visit here reminded me of why you go out to eat. The food is simple but is of such a high standard that you just smile from when you order to when you leave. We were looked after by Belle who was just lovely and clearly enjoyed her job. An excellent wine was recommended by the somellier and the fillet steaks were just beyond comparison. Keep up e good work, we look forwards to returning later in the year.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Meat Theatre”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We'd booked this restaurant for our daughter's birthday and even though it was busy, we were treated to the full experience. Our waiter was fantastic and certainly added to the night. His knowledge of the wine and meat was second to none. Service was prompt and attentive without being over the top.
You are given a selection of Steak to choose from and each cut is explained with the recommended cooking style( rare, medium etc). The detailing of the marble is told like a storybook!!
I had Beef Carpaccio for starter and it melted in the mouth, just enough cheese to add a tang but not kill off the succulent meat underneath.
For main( and I am a greedy one :) ) I had a 400g fillet. WOW!! this was beautifully cooked and left me feeling on the verge of bursting. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever about the meal.
As they knew it was my daughter's birthday, they treated her to a cheesecake for dessert. Although full she squeezed it in...another testament to the overall quality.

Make no bones about it, you will not come out of here hungry. Nor will you come out of here with much change. You will however come out of here having had a fantastic evening, full to the brim and ready to book your return. It is an experience. We paid just shy of £260 for 3 of us. 3 courses each with wine and water. I am not moaning though as we had such a wonderful time - thanks to all.