“Great steak”
Review of Goodman

Goodman
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Transit: Oxford circus tube station is within 1 minute walk
Description: Goodman is a uniquely British interpretation of a New York grill, offering the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic. Among the huge selection of meat we serve in our Mayfair restaurant is American USDA 'Prime' corn-fed beef, grain-fed Irish Angus, and various rare breeds from the Lake District. Every steak we serve from our extensive 'cut' list has been dry-aged on site - it's the best way to concentrate flavour - then we cook it over charcoal. To accompany your steak, we're proud of the American red wine collection we have amassed - we know it's the best way to complement red meat. Our Mayfair restaurant is located just off Regent Street.
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Tried the Cajun ribeye steak and found it up to the usual Goodman high standard. Let down a little by over-fried chips that had little soft, hot potato on the inside.

For an appetiser, had the sliced tomato with crumbled stilton, red onions and aged balsamic vinegar. This was well-balanced and not unduly sharp as can happen

There are newer reviews for Goodman

Reviewed October 10, 2012

All I can say is this is the best steak house I have ever eaten in and cant wait to go again. The fillet steak melted in my mouth and the soft shell crab was awesome. If you have never been then a must try.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Im not the kind of person to leave reviews but today I was at Goodmans for the third time and hands down, had the best burger I have ever eaten! Having worked in a steakhouse and eaten a lot of steak both here and abroad I have to say Goodman's is one of the finest steak restaurants I have had the pleasure of dining at. On a previous visit I shared a 1.2kg bone-in rib-eye grass fed 45 day aged Belted Galloway with my mate and it was by far one of the best steaks either of us have ever had. My other-halves South African family have this running joke about how the one thing they can do better than us is steak - well not anymore! As if this place doesn't get any better the staff were amazing on every occasion I have been.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went for a quick meal tonight after a long session at a course. No reservation, just turned up and mentioned that I fancied a quickie. Half a cow (600 g T bone) and a bowl of truffle chips later, all the stress disappeared. Washed that down with a glass of decent Washington cabernet and a very good service, job done, out after 40 minutes. Will pop back before a match one day.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went for dinner at Goodman's Maddox Street post the matinee showing of Ghost the musical. Top grub, excellent Porthouse steak (700g) and bottle of house Malbec. We started to compare Goodmans to Graucho Grill and the one thing that topped the lot were the truffle chips. You might say why send over £100 to enjoy chips but the experience was great

1  Thank Kester66