“Best steak, sides, wine and service I've had for a while.”
Review of Goodman

Goodman
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #308 of 24,404 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Transit: Oxford circus tube station is within 1 minute walk
Description: Goodman is a uniquely British interpretation of a New York grill, offering the best beef from both sides of the Atlantic. Among the huge selection of meat we serve in our Mayfair restaurant is American USDA 'Prime' corn-fed beef, grain-fed Irish Angus, and various rare breeds from the Lake District. Every steak we serve from our extensive 'cut' list has been dry-aged on site - it's the best way to concentrate flavour - then we cook it over charcoal. To accompany your steak, we're proud of the American red wine collection we have amassed - we know it's the best way to complement red meat. Our Mayfair restaurant is located just off Regent Street.
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Brilliant steak house. Only personal criticism is their promotion of imported US corn fed beef (they promoted it as sweeter) as opposed to grass fed aka naturally grown beef from the UK. We had the locally grown beef and it was full of flavor, tender, juicy and with fat and sinew where it should be.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,050)

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Me and my boyfriend took a trip to London from Aberdeen on June 1st for a few days and I always like to treat ourselves to either a top notch meal or a 5-star hotel - never both at the same time - we are never that flush! :)

So after checking out the restaurants on trip advisor I seen that Gordon Ramsay was at number 1 in London but something just wasn't taking my fancy with that so we took a little trip to the number 2 slot and came across 'Goodman'. This is the best decision I made for the whole trip. We got ourselves a table at 6pm for the two of us and we were greeted by our wonderful server. She was super attentive and spoke us through the whole menu and was even kind enough to bring out a plate full of the different gorgeous cuts of meat.

To start with we both opted for the Pate, Chicken Liver, Foie Gras, Onion Jam and Toasted Brioch Starter (see photo). I was a bit apprehensive, simply due to the words 'Foie Gras' however I kid you not this start was just another level of taste sensation! It melted on your tongue and made you want to savour every single second of it. Absolute perfection.

For the main course we went for a 800g Porterhouse and Bone in Rib-Eye between us with sides of the Truffle Chips (Oh... My... GOD!), Spinach, Cremed with Gruyere Cheese (I'm salivating as I'm writing this honestly!) and Garlic Mushrooms with a Stilton sauce. (See photo)

The meat was cooked to absolute perfection for us (Med-Rare), and the sides were to die for. We are still talking about the truffle chips even now! This meal along with a bottle of water for the table and some beers and rums set us back approx £115.

Along with the food came a very relaxed atmosphere and the most lovely staff to go with it. Considering this restaurant is the 2nd best voted on trip advisor in the whole of London I expected some sort of snooty, snobby affair but it definitely wasn't the case. Very relaxed and laid back with a lovely buzz and atmosphere.

Absolutely worth every single penny. Would go back in a heartbeat.

2  Thank Hayleigh-Aberdeen
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I was in London from the US for the weekend on business and found the Goodman highly recommended in both the Trip Advisor and Zagat. I was alone on a Saturday night so I sat at the bar since I couldn't make a reservation. The bar tender was very friendly and so we got along great.

I usually ask for house favorites and recommendations from the staff whenever I visit a new restaurant. His choices were great. I had a Goodman Rib-eye that was cooked perfectly. I also had a side dish of creamed spinach and liked it so much I ordered a second one.

Food was great, service was great and so I think the price was reasonable.

1  Thank Yan81
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Went here with my friend last week, it was incredible!! The service we received was impeccable and the food was to die for. I would say that if you are planning to go to this restaurant then don't fill up before as the 3 courses are a must.

Make sure you get the Truffle Chips as they quite possibly the tastiest chips I have ever had.

Can I just say a huge thank you to all the staff who truly made it an experience to remember :)

1  Thank crazeo
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I wavered quite a bit between 4 and 5 stars. Overall this place is still great and I definitely recommend it.

During a biz trip to London, I had some free time after my meetings and looked on my TripAdvisor iPhone app for the best restaurant near by. Turns out that #2 out of 8000+ restaurants was less than half a mile away!

They have a good value fixed price menu available for lunch, but since my favorite cut (ribeye) and some of the most interesting sides I wanted were not on there, I chose the regular menu.

Ribeye - excellent. Would have liked a little bit more marbling rather than chunks of fat, but still very good - 5 stars

truffle chips (fries) - had a whiff of truffle to the smell, but overall couldn't tell that there was truffle on the fries - 3 stars

Truffle Mac & Cheese w/ Parmesean - Again, rather forgettable. Like the fries, I've been to places that make these dishes rather well, so I was disappointed by the ones at Goodman - 3 stars

Wine by the glass - spanish red wine - very good 5 stars

Service was above average, but not as attentive as a top steakhouse in the US.

Ambiance was nice, and not dark like many steakhouses.