“Lovely food and cozy space”
Review of Guanabana

Guanabana
Ranked #3,242 of 23,041 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Type of Food Caribbean & Latin Cuisine. BYOB. Al Fresco Dinning Garden. Halal.
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and cozy space”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I really enjoyed lunch in this tiny but cute restauran. It is also good cause it's just a few streets from mine but if you are around Camden Town and don't want to stick on the most busy streets, visit this place. Food is nothing weird or very exotic but you can tell from the start that they take good care of the products they offer. It's also good for a small bite in the evening or brunch. Service is also very nice.

• Visited February 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Went to the newly opened cafe for breakfast - seriously good”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The cafe part only opened up recently and it has been catching my eye every time I walked past so we finally went in today after hearing some good words about it. We weren't disappointed.

It's breakfast and brunch with a Columbian twist - I ordered the English breakfast which had delicious fried potatoes with peppers, oyster mushrooms, fried egg, gorgeous bloomer bread toast, turkey bacon (SO good), beans and an extra beef sausage. My partner went for the Columbian breakfast which has pinto beans, a columbian fried bread, plantain, egg and sour cream, and the Columbian style beans were just gorgeous. You get a big plate of food for a really good price, and we also ordered Americano's which came in boat sized cups with lovely frothy hot milk and a nice bitter edge - perfect coffee.

The atmosphere is good - a nice bright open space which felt summery inside even though it was cold windy grey and raining outside.

At first the service was a bit surly, the lady in charge came up to us and just said "Yes" when we wanted to order (after waiting for 15 minutes to get recognised) and no smiles. Thankfully she warmed up later on and became very pleasant so perhaps she was just having a bad morning!

Overall very happy, I can understand the reviews of the main restaurant itself, but do give the cafe breakfasts a go, I really do rate them and will be going back again.

• Visited March 2013
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Been twice and loved each time”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I went here a couple of years ago in July for a friend's birthday the food was lovely and you take your own alcoholic drinks in therefore reducing the cost. I was in London yesterday for a day trip with my boyfriend and 2 friends and we decided to go there again as we loved it the first time. It was very busy when we turned up but having booked we had a table for us in minutes. We had a pulled beef pasty and some nachos to start which were both great. I again had fajitas but they are lovely and you have your separate pots with your sauces and cheese so you decide what you want to put in them. My boyfriend had the goat curry with rice and pea and it was really well cooked, the goat fell apart in your mouth and the rice and pea was the best I have tasted. I definitely recommend this restaurant but I think its more of a social restaurant than a couples restaurant but saying that I would still go back with just my boy friend.

1 Thank BeckzB
London
“Not worth the time or money.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I ate at Guanabana last week Thursday 28/02/12 for the first time, and I can honestly say it was a disappointment. Firstly for starters we had Nachos and Wings. The Nachos had a hair in them, and the chicken wings tasted reheated. Then the drinks, the glass water bottle we ordered had a chip so there was glass in the water and the juice was warm. Then the main Buffalo chicken burger was so salty I couldn't finish it. when we spoke to the waitress she simply told us the wings were fresh, no replacement. We paid in full as we didn't want to cause a scene, but I will never step foot in that restaurant again, being Caribbean I feel it's a disgrace to West Indian Cuisine.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank reanah Y
shaduk, Manager at Guanabana, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
• We take reviews very seriously and appreciate very much which helps us to correct our mistake's, we don't leave any stone unturned to correct our mistake's. Hair in Nacho's I will be equally upset, my professional floor team will replace it or give you alternative of your choice, our chicken wings are cooked fresh daily on order like all our dishes there no reason to reheat, salty buffalo burger will be replaced with same product or alternative product of your choice, this is our policy which is followed with due diligence. I honestly believe any restaurateur in this country will do the same. Dishes you are disappointment with so happens none of the dishes are Caribbean, how could you write an intellectually challenged review passing judgement on Caribbean Cuisine. I strongly recommend please educate yourself on Caribbean Cuisine before making any future reviews on Caribbean Cuisine.
“Average”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The coffee was awful and without cream. Dishes were like eatin g in fast food. Very good brownies. Service was good. Very cold inside no heater.