“Good Food - TERRIBLE Manager”

The Exhibition Rooms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Exhibition Rooms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16,399 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Went for the Steak Night last night. Once seated at the table, we wanted to order some cocktails which the manager says we can do if we leave the table and go downstairs to the bar. Odd.He was not going to take our orders and do it.
The food was of a good standard - the sirloin steaks were very small, my rib eye was excellent. The chips you could count on one hand which was disappointing.
My main gripe was the Owner/Manager who was condescending throughout the evening. The staff were delightful - I dont know how they work with him though and sadly that will deter me from returning or recommending to others. He more or less said when I raised a point that it was his restaurant and he can do what he likes!! Charming!!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Xmas dinner with friends, basically average. Made to go later at the more expensive price because the restaurant was booked up at the earlier cheaper price sitting, so went went on the later thinking the restaurant would be heaving. When we got there it was 2/3 full. Food was average to good and we sat around a tight table, so if I am being honest wont be going back in a hurry. Palace has a lot of nicer restaurants

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I live in the area and eat out a lot in Crystal Palace but this was the first time in the restaurant.
Went Sunday afternoon for a large family meal.

I found the the staff were very miserable and unfriendly - was told I could not have the drink I wanted as the bar was closed or some other stupid reason.

As someone who works in the customer service industry - you should always try to please your customers.

I found the menu was very boring - very expensive - staff were unhelpful and rude.

I will NOT go to this restaurant again or recomend any one else to go either.

There are alot better restaurants in the area - so don't waste time and money with this one.

1  Thank fabslb
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Recently went for Sunday lunch and the food was excellent with a good atmosphere. Good value for money too. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Robnpaul
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Celebrated my wifes birthday at the Exhibition Rooms after having a very pleasant lunch some weeks ago. We were a little early for our booking and the manager suggested we have a drink at the bar downstairs. Very good service and a good range of cocktails. Our meal was excellent - well cooked and presented and very flavoursome. Good, reasonably priced wine list and attentive staff. Overall a good meal, I had venison and my wife had belly of Pork - both of us could not manage a sweet. I woukd urge you to try this gem of a restaurant.

1  Thank Barry W