“Not great...”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
Description: 'Stresa’ Restaurant – a contemporary Italian inspired restaurant serving simple dishes using the finest freshly prepared seasonal ingredients..Located in The Ramada Hotel & Suites, London Docklands, ‘Stresa’ offers an authentic Italian experience against a waterfront backdrop. Dine with family and friends while enjoying the Italian traditions of food, friendship and hospitality.The menu offers pizza’s, risotto’s, pasta’s, grilled meats and fish dishes, making Stresa the perfect venue for intimate dinners, entertaining clients or simply enjoying time with friends & family. The waterfront location creates a spectacular atmosphere for both a weekday lunch or dinner.The menu is also available outside on our terrace, weather permitting, or upstairs in your room. (Specials are always available and are changed frequently please ask for details)Culinary simplicity, quality and fresh ingredients characterize ‘Stresa’ – your slice of Italy in Docklands.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not great...”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We decided to eat here for convenience as we were staying at the hotel and being a Coeliac I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had a gluten free menu. Having chosen an option from the grill - chicken, salad & sautéed potatoes - the plate of food that was brought to the table was the non-gluten free option which was the same food but with chips rather than potatoes. Luckily I knew the chips were unsuitable so pointed out that this was the wrong option and they were very apologetic but only took my meal away, assuring me they would change it straight away. My partner waited and waited, then ate his meal at a very slow pace, but my food didn't show up until he had well and truly finished his meal. When they did eventually bring my food, I asked if my partner could at least have a complimentary coffee while I ate my meal and although that was promised straight away, it never showed up. I am one of the typical people who never complain but as the service was not great and the food was quite over-priced and also wasn't great, I felt that for once I wanted to put a review on here. They do ask for your feedback and reviews so here it is. On a positive note, my partner said his pasta was nice - however, when dining out we do usually expect, and like, to eat our meals together.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cheryl L

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“not good!!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

we were staying at the ramada hotel for my birthday and decided to give stresa a try - the starter's were nice but for nearly £7 I expected more than 1 mushroom!!!!I then had the angel linguini with scallops,king prawn's and anchovy's - I got 2 tiny bits of scallop and 2 anchovy's and although the meal was quite nice,value for money was poor

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jackie H
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good value decent food”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went here for a meal since we were staying in the area and the restaurant was on tastecard so we got a great discount on food. My meal was ok but I've had better. However my partner really enjoyed his steak meal. Prices are reasonable even without a discount.

Visited August 2013
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“No reason not to return.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Decided to try this for a late-ish bite to eat before an early flight out next morning. Wasn't very busy on a Sunday night before a bank holiday and we were seated straight away. Tried the polenta and prawns to start with and was slightly let down by the prawn cocktail-style prawns (don't know why I expected king prwans, it only said 'prawns' on the main). Partner had the risotto balls which she enjoyed. For a change, I went for the chicken roulade which was decent, but a tiny bit dry. Partner had the spinach and ricotta ravioli which was really good. Decent service - only quibble was being served our main dishes before they had cleared away the plates from the starter. No reason not to return and try something different.

• Visited August 2013
Somerset
“Very good return visit”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have stayed in the hotel next door to Stresa in the Docklands Ramada several times. A repeat visit tonight saw me choose the antipasto as before. Buffalo mozarella, prosciutto, salami, bresaola, black and green olives, rocket and parmesan salad with olive oil and balsamic. Delicious. Followed by a crisp seafood pizza. Excellent service; attentive but not obsequious, friendly but not over familiar. A nice glass of wine with tap water. Nice view, pleasant ambience and good value.

• Visited August 2013